Part 16

The next day arrived and I felt drained as ever as I watched one of Negan's men, Dwight, bring in a tray of food, placing it at the end of the bed before walking back to the door, leaning on its frame.

"How the hell are you still alive?" Dwight jokingly questioned, causing me to shrug in response.
I didn't like Dwight but I wasn't afraid of him; it was easy to tell he was basically just Negan's bitch.

"How's Daryl?" I asked, hoping he would actually tell me.

"Oh he's definitely been better," he laughed, "Been really enjoying those dog food sandwiches we've been giving him."

I looked at Dwight then back down at my food, seeing how nice it was compared to what he said Daryl was getting. Then in a split second decision, I kicked my food off the bed causing it to crash onto the ground and causing the smirk on Dwight's face to disappear.

"You're such a stupid, ungrateful, little-" he began before being cut off.
"Dwight, what seems to be the problem here?" Negan asked, walking up behind him, peering into the room.

"Nothing." Dwight responded, almost cowering at Negan's presence.

"Well it doesn't fucking look like nothing," Negan stated as he looked from Dwight to me, "Tell me what's going on, darling."

"I want Daryl to be treated better." I said, locking eyes with Dwight before looking at Negan.

"I don't think you get to fucking decide that." Negan replied, cocking his head.

"Please, I'll do anything, Negan.. this isn't fair." I begged, "Hell, I'll even switch rooms with him; put me in that cell, I don't care anymore!"
When he didn't respond immediately I began speaking again, "I'm not going to eat until he starts getting treated like an actual person."

I watched as Negan pulled his bottom lip into his mouth, running his teeth along it, obviously thinking over everything I just said.

"Dwight," he said, still staring at me, "Clean up this mess and then go grab our friend, and bring him some good food."

"What?" Dwight responded in annoyance and shock.

"Don't make me fucking ask you twice." Negan warned before flicking his head in the direction of the door, signaling for me to follow him.

I slowly got out of the bed as Dwight stared me down, obviously in disbelief and anger.
Once I got out of the room, Negan harshly grabbed my arm and began dragging me down the hall again.
I began getting scared of what was going to happen next; I felt like I was living in constant fear and I hated it.
I didn't know where Negan was taking me and I'd be lying if i said I actually didn't care.

As we leave the North hall, we take a right down a hall I've never been in before, "Where are we going?" I ask, almost afraid of the answer.
But he didn't speak a word.
We then reached the end of a hall, where a large door was, and I watched nervously as Negan fiddled with a ring of keys, trying to find the right one.

Fuck, I left those other keys under the bed.

When the large door swung open, my jaw nearly hit the floor; I hadn't seen a bedroom this nice since before the world went to hell.
Negan chuckled at my obvious shock, letting go of my arm and walking past me into the large room.

I furrowed my brows at him as he sat on a chair in front of a dark wooden desk, "What- why are we here?" I ask confused.

"Well since you seem like you want to make the fucking rules now, I figured you better stay with the man who actually does the rule making." Negan smirked.

"I wasn't trying to make any rules.. I just wanted Daryl to be treated better, that's all." I shrugged.

"I don't give a shit what you were trying to do, darling, just don't do it again or.." he trailed off, "Well, you know."

I nodded slowly before walking into the room, closing the door behind me, unsure of what to do next.
I didn't know how to act around this man, and I surely couldn't act like myself without him turning into the monster I now feared the most. His attitude seemed so complex yet so easy to crack; like everything he was doing was just an act for the people around him. He was a challenge that I had a sick obsession with; I wanted to get closer to him. I wanted to touch him and feel him and break the man who had broken so many others.

I looked over at Negan who was now slumped over the desk, staring at a notebook.
"I'm sorry about the food," I spoke up, "I didn't want to waste it but I didn't know how else to get my point across."

"Doesn't matter," he shrugged, still focused on the notebook, "It was probably just shit from your group anyway."
I sighed, remembering all the people I missed the most.
"Can I go see them?" I asked quietly, unsure of his response.

"Fuck no!" He laughed, turning to look towards me, "You really think you deserve to see your friends after all the shit you've done here?"

I stayed quiet, knowing he was right.

"No honey, you gotta work for that shit; you gotta earn it." He smirked, "And speaking of that-"
*knock knock knock*