Part 51

I sat on the ground, leaning against the wall opposite of the door, as time slowly passed. My mind continually fluttered with possibilities, none of them good, and the longer I waited, the more anxious I got.

I quickly stood up, walking over to the door before Joey moved in front of it, blocking it again, "Move; I'm not staying here any longer, I can't."

"Anything could have happened out there, Liz!" Joey explained, "If I let you go and something happens to you, Negan will actually kill me."

"Then find out what happened, Joey, use your goddamn walkie talkie and figure it out." I ordered, sick of being kept in the dark.

He sighed before bringing the radio phone to his mouth, "This is Joey, just curious on knowing what all that gunfire was about."

The room stayed silent for awhile before a scratchy voice could be heard on the other end, "There was a stowaway on one of the trucks; gunned down Travis and Marco."

I let out a sigh of relief, thankful that no one I cared about was in any danger.

"And where's the stowaway now?" Joey asked.

"With Negan and his wives," the man on the other end laughed, causing Joey and I to give each other the same confused look, "It was some fucking little kid from that new group; the one his bitch is from."

My heart immediately dropped as I frantically began trying to push past Joey, "Move! That's Carl, that- that has to be Carl- Joey move!"

"Liz, you can't go up there! You can't fix this!" He yelled, trying to push me back, but I was too determined.

As I reached for the door handle, I noticed the knife on his belt, and reached for it instead.
I stepped back, holding it steady in his direction, "Move."

His eyes got wide as they focused between the blade of the knife and my determined stare, "Liz, you're only going to make this whole situation worse-"

"Move!" I yelled, "And- and tell me where his wives are." I added, realizing that I'd never seen where the rest of his wives stayed.

He sighed, hesitantly giving in, "When you get out of this hall, there's a green door.. it leads up a set of stairs to the floor above us; the room's on your right."

I nodded my head, still trying to understand that there was another floor that I didn't even know about.

"Think before you do anything, Liz.." Joey sighed, moving away from the door.

I quickly moved past him, keeping the knife in his direction just in case he tried stopping me.
Once I was out of the room, I sprinted down the hall and out the hallway door; my mind only focused on Carl and what Negan would do to him after what he did.
I scanned the walls until I spotted the green door Joey had mentioned, and quickly made my way through it and up the stairs.

I took a right once I reached the top and ended up directly in Negan's line of sight; an evil smile appearing on his face.

"Well, look who's here." He hummed, causing the the faces of the people in the room to turn to me, "Don't just stand there; come join us, Elizabeth."

Adrenaline rushed through my body as I saw the faces of Daryl and Carl looking my way. All I wanted to do was be near them and keep them safe, but I knew I wasn't thinking straight and any plan I thought I had, had completely left my mind.
My breathing turned shaky and fear replaced the adrenaline I was once feeling as I walked into the unfamiliar room.

"She has a knife." Dwight said abruptly, causing my heart to nearly stop as I remembered the object in my hand.

"A knife?" Negan chuckled, looking down at my hand to see the blade, "And where the fuck did you get that?"

I stayed quiet, almost not hearing him as my eyes scanned the room; focusing on unknown faces.

"Darling, you better start speaking up if you want that boy to keep the only eye he has left." Negan warned, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"It's- um I took it-- from Joey," I breathlessly stuttered, my mind still spinning from everything that's going on, "I threatened him with it; it's not his fault, I swear."

Negan ran his bottom lip between his teeth, nodding, "Bring it here."

I ignored his order, "Why is Carl here? Why'd you bring him up here?"

Negan cocked his head at me, "You're really testing my fucking patience, darling." He warned, "Do you really want to see how far you can go? Right now; with two of your friends standing around?"

I swallowed harshly, looking over to Carl and Daryl. Their eyes carried no fear, but I couldn't let myself put them in danger; not again.

I looked back at Negan as he gestured me over with his finger. I hesitantly complied, walking over to him and slowly putting the knife in the hand he held out.

"Good girl." He said, sliding the knife into a belt loop before pushing the loose stands of hair out of my face. His darkened eyes gazed into mine as our lips suddenly met, a wave of disgust and uncomfortableness washing over me at the PDA, but not being able to pull away. Whether it was from fear or because I sickly craved him after the fight we had, I just let it happen, but deep down, it made me hate myself more than I hated him.

He pulled away, now leaning closer to my ear, "There will be consequences for your actions, Elizabeth."

I shudder at his threat as he walked away from me, leaving me feeling helpless and ashamed.

"Dwighty boy, fire up that furnace," Negan ordered, "I'll be down in a few; time for a little déjà vu."

Dwight nodded before Negan spoke up again, "You go with Dwight," he said, gesturing me in his direction, "Take her back to room A for time being."

I then watched as he left the room, Carl following closely behind as he was ordered to do before Dwight grabbed my arm, roughly pulling Daryl and I out of the room and back down into the main halls.

_____
This chapter was a day late again so I made it extra long to make up for it. I've just really been wanting to make these last chapters longer; there are still more to come though, so don't worry.

Serious question for you guys though: Did I say Liz's age in this story? And if I did, what age did I say she was?
I feel like I said it somewhere, but honestly have no idea in what chapter, so I'd really appreciate your help!