Part 39

I sat uncomfortably at the end of the bed, not wanting to be in the presence of Negan but knowing he would go off if I even brought up going anywhere.

"How'd you like doing inventory? See any of your people's shit in there?" He laughed, going through the notebook on his desk.

I sighed, "It was fine; better than being here anyway."

"Really?" He asked, turning around to face me, "Better than me licking your sweet fucking pussy?"

His choice of words caught me off guard and I didn't even realized he had come closer until he was right in front of me, pushing the loose pieces of hair out of my face again, causing me to shiver.

I looked up at him through my lashes, still unable to make any words out as his large hand lingered around my jaw; my mind filling with desperate thoughts making me despise myself.

"I don't like hurting you, Elizabeth." He sighed, sitting beside me on the bed.

I scoffed, shaking my head, "Then why do you? Why do you constantly treat me like I'm nothing?"

He looked over at me as he furrowed his brows, "Nothing? Do you not fucking see what you have here?"

"Do you not see what I had, Negan?" I asked, tears threatening to spill over at the thought of my old life, "I had everything I ever needed.. and you took that away from me!"

He shook his head, his expression getting harsh again as he stood up, "Well you can thank your fearless leader, Rick, for that shit darling; that was all him!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot because he was the one that told you to kill my friend and then take Daryl and I."

"You're never going to shut the fuck up about that ginger, are you?" He laughed, "What? Were you fucking him too?"

I shook my head in disbelief, "Screw you."

"No really darling, I'm curious," he continued, his voice filled with malicious intent, "Because it sure as hell didn't take you too long to get cozy with me, even with Daryl being in the same goddamn building!" He laughed, his words upsetting me more and more as he went on, "Shit! Were you just screwing your whole town? Is that why you wanna get back so bad?"

I sighed, tears running down my cheeks, "Thanks.. I can tell you really don't want to hurt me."

I heard him sigh as I got up, just wanting to lock myself in the bathroom before he grabbed ahold of my arm, causing me to wince in pain.
He gave me a confused look before immediately pulling up the sleeve of my shirt, revealing new and old bruises.

His mouth fell slightly open as he studied my arm, "Who-"

"You Negan." I said bluntly, yanking my arm out of his grip before continuing into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

Moments later, through my own muffled sobs, I heard the door to the bedroom slam shut. Relief ran through my body, knowing that I was completely alone, as I tried to catch my breath.

I took this opportunity to take a hot shower, knowing that it would make me feel at least a little better, and that was honestly all I could really ask for.

***

I stood in front of the bathroom door, praying that when I opened it Negan wouldn't be there; I knew I wouldn't be able to handle myself if I had to see him again right now.

I took a deep breath, slowly opening up the door, scanning the room before thankfully being able to let out a sigh of relief.
I then squinted my eyes, seeing a tray of food sitting on top of the dresser before quickly making my way over to it.
I was starving and I honestly didn't care who this food came from; I was thankful for it.

***

I laid alone in the large bed, staring up at the ceiling, terrified that Negan would come into the room at any second.. but also kind of hoping he would. When he saw the physical damage that had been done to me.. I saw something in him; something real, something that I've been desperately craving to find in him.
He was a person; someone with real feelings and genuine empathy for someone other than himself.

He cared.. I think.

_____
What do you think?