Part 48

I finally worked up all the courage I had, silently opening the bathroom door before stripping off the clothing I was wearing.
I then took a deep breath, moving the curtain and slipping in right behind him; wrapping my arms around his torso and laying my head against his back.
His body tensed at my surprise touch but soon relaxed again as he sighed, "Darling-"

"I missed you." I said softly, cutting him off.

He then turned around, wrapping his wet arms around me and pulling me into his chest, "I don't like getting angry with you, Elizabeth," he sighed, "I just always have so much shit to do-"

I cut him off again, this time by kissing him; a slow kiss that felt right, in the moment.

"I just want to talk to you, Negan," I whispered as I pulled away, already missing the feeling of his lips, "Please?"

I watched as he drew his bottom lip between his teeth; his eyes now softer, revealing that I was getting through to him.

"Ok," he nodded, "Tonight; we can talk about whatever you want until I get fucking sick of you."

I smiled at his answer, kissing him again as I let my hand trail down his torso.

***

"I know I'm going to fucking regret this." Negan chuckled, leaning up against the headboard of the bed.

I sat straddling his lap, my mind racing with questions as I struggled to pick what to start with, "What happened with Dwight?"

"Dwight?" Negan asked, surprised that I was bringing up someone I expressed so much hate towards, "You mean his face?"

I nodded my head, already knowing what Joey told me, but wanting to know more.

"Him, his wife, and his wife's sister tried to leave with a shit ton of our medical supplies," Negan explain, "But he finally came to his senses and they all came back-- one member short of course, and I was gonna kill the fucker but his wife just begged me not to; so Dwight got the iron instead and then I married his wife." He finished, a smirk appearing on his face.

"But.. wasn't there something else you could do? I mean-"

"The world can't exist without rules, Elizabeth, that's what civilization is built on." Negan said, cutting me off, "People's actions have consequences, and there always has to be a punishment."

I sighed at this answer, honestly feeling bad that Dwight had to go through something so horrible just because he didn't want to stay in this hell hole.
As my mind continued to drift, I began fiddling with my fingers before Negan suddenly grabbed my hands.

"What's on your mind, darling?" He asked, noticing my uncomfortableness.

"Why do you have so many wives?" I asked quietly, changing the subject.

He ran his bottom lip between his teeth before shrugging, "Why not? Have you seen the shit going on outside of these walls?"

I scoffed, shaking my head, "So since the worlds filled with death, that means you can just screw whoever you want?"

He raised his eyebrows at me, an amused grin on his face, "So I still haven't fucked that attitude out of you yet, huh?"

I sighed, "I'm being serious, Negan."

He shook his head as he crossed his arms, annoyance now visible on him, "What do you want me to say, Elizabeth?"

I stayed silent, biting at the inside of my cheek as I stared down at my hands, honestly not knowing what I wanted to hear from him.

"You were so fucking adamant about not wanting to be one of my wives; so why all the interest now?" He asked, cocking his head.

I shrugged, trying to find my words, "I just- I don't want to sleep with you if you're sleeping with other women."

"Really?" He asked, his tone filled with annoyance and sarcasm, "And why's that, darling?"

"I just don't like it-- it makes me feel like all I'm here for is sex, and I can do so much more than that." I explained, honestly, "I can fight, I can scavenge, I can- I can take out walkers but you treat me like I'm some sort of breakable doll, Negan.. I don't want to feel like that anymore."

He slowly nodded at my answer, taking in everything I said, "Well, you shouldn't feel like that-- fuck Elizabeth, look where you're staying; I don't let any of my wives stay with me and yet.. here you are."

"So what your saying is that you're still screwing your wives but since I'm staying with you, that's totally ok and I should feel special, right?"

"I got rid of multiple people for you-- good people, and not only that, after all the shit you've done, your buddy Daryl's still fucking alive. So yes, darling, you should feel pretty fucking special." He said, obviously irritated, moving me off of his lap before getting off the bed.

"Negan!" I pleaded, hurrying off the bed after him, stopping him before he got to the door, "I'm not saying I don't appreciate what you've done it's just- it doesn't make up for everything else."

He chuckled, shaking his head, "Do you want me to say sorry, darling? Is that what you want?" He asked sarcastically, "I'm sorry I killed your friend and I'm sorry I kidnapped you and Daryl from your precious little group, but rules are rules and shit had to be done!"

"We didn't know-"

"You say you don't want to hurt people anymore but I know you're still so fucking desperate to get back to the people who put you here in the first place; the same people who killed my men." He said, the sharp words just rolling off of his tongue.

I swallowed harshly, "We were trying to kill you."

"Oh I know," he said, another chuckle leaving his lips, "And look where that got you."

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say and not caring at this point; this isn't how I wanted the night to go.

"Now if you'll excuse me," he said, opening the door, "I'm gonna go screw my wives."

_____
Sorry it took me a while to upload this chapter, but I'm made it a bit longer for you guys so hopefully that makes up for it!