Part 24

The feeling I felt when my eyes locked with Daryl's is a feeling that I can't describe; one that I've never felt before and one that I prayed I'd never have to feel again for as long as I lived.

My eyes quickly filled with tears again as I saw the pain in his. It broke my heart to imagine what he's going through right now.. what he thinks about me after what he just saw.

"We were just on our way to check out the fence, had no idea you two would be going at it right here in the hallway." Dwight smirked, obviously trying to make things worse.

Negan chuckled, "Shit, well you just have the worst fucking luck, don't you Daryl?"

Daryl's eyes left mine and quickly found Negan's, shaking his head, "Don't matter.. I never loved her."

Negan smiled, nodding his head, "I knew I liked you!" He said pointing at Daryl before gesturing him and Dwight along, "Don't mind us though, go on, check out the fence!"

And just like that, they were gone.

I didn't know that my heart could break more than it already was, but it definitely did. My mind was fighting with me, trying to decide if everything Daryl was saying was true or not. I didn't want to believe it and I had no reason to, but it all would kinda make sense.

My body felt numb as I fell to the ground, leaning back against the cold wall as I threw my head into my hands, trying to muffle my uncontrollable sobs.

I felt as Negan sat down beside me, "You need to stop thinking about him." He said quietly.

I removed my hands from my face, turning to look at the monster who was responsible for all of my pain, "What- go to hell, Negan!"

I then pushed myself off of the concrete floor, quickly making my way back to the West hall before my wrist was firmly grabbed, stopping me in my tracks.

"Listen to me, Elizabeth." He said lowly, almost in a whisper, "I'm trying to help you."

"Help me?" I scoffed, "How are you helping me? You've made my life miserable!"

"Quiet!" He hushed me, pulling me closer to him, "I'm fucking trying to make all of this easier for you."

"No Negan, you're trying to make this easier for yourself!" I exclaimed, pulling out of his grasp and heading towards the room again.

I heard him sigh loudly in annoyance before following behind me as we made our way down the West hall and into his room.

He slammed the door loudly behind us, startling me, trying to get rid of some of the anger that was clearly present.

I crossed my arms, sitting on the bed, "I don't want to stay here anymore," I said uncomfortable with the tension in the room, "I don't care where you put me; room A, B, C, a damn cell, it doesn't matter!"

His fist harshly hit the table before he began speaking, "Yes it does.." he sighed, "Just please listen to me for a second, Elizabeth."
I stayed silent as he moved the desk chair in front of me and sat down.

"I took a huge fucking risk by bringing you back here, one that I've never taken before but I just couldn't help myself when I saw you," he began to explain, "With all of the shit you've pulled here, fuck, I wish I would've had the balls to kill you the second you opened your mouth, but I didn't.. and I still don't."

I scoffed, "And why's that?"

He sighed, "Because I want you all to myself, no matter what."

_____
Hey, how'd you like the last few chapters?
Let me know!