Part 32

As I began dosing off against the wall of the cell, the door was unlocked and loudly swung open.
The bright light from the room stung my eyes as I tried focusing on the figure in the doorway.

"Aw, you almost look as pathetic as Daryl did!" Dwight laughed, dropping a can of food on the floor.

"Where's Negan?" I asked, my voice drenched in exhaustion, annoyed that I had to continually deal with Dwight.

"I don't know," he chuckled, leaning up against the door frame of the cell, "Probably screwing his other wives."

I sighed, finding no humor in anything he said and honestly feeling like I'd rather be left alone than have him anywhere near me.

"Is Daryl ok?" I asked, grabbing the dented can of food in front of me before studying it; peaches.

"Ok?" He scoffed, "If by 'ok' you mean 'working the shittiest jobs possible', then yeah; he's doing just fine!"

I shook my head, fed up with his comments, "Ok Dwight, whatever, you can leave now."

"Shit," he laughed, "I can't wait until Negan's finally sick of you." He finished, spitting on the floor in front of me before slamming the large metal door.

I let out a heavy breath, trying to get all of my frustrations out before peeling back the lid of the canned peaches. These were surely out of date, but I was starving and honestly, do canned foods really ever go bad?

***

I was jolted out of my deep sleep by the loud metal door opening; the bright light nearly blinding me as I again tried to make out the figure in the doorway.

"Fuck off, Dwight." I groaned, not knowing the consequences it may have.

"Shit darling," a familiar voice said, causing my body to go cold, "You still haven't learned your fucking lesson, have you?"

I quickly sat up, looking at the man who was towering over me, "I'm sorry, Negan," I murmured, rubbing at my face, "He's just- he's been nonstop harassing me-"

"Then he's been doing his fucking job." He said bluntly, interrupting me.

"What?" I asked confused as he kneeled down to my level.

"You're gonna respect everyone here, whether you like them or not, if you want Daryl and your pretty friend, Rosita, to keep breathing." He threatened, "You got that?"

"Rosita?" I asked, my heart almost in my throat at the thought of her being drug further into this mess, "She- she's not here, is she?"

"No," Negan smirked, "I don't need her; I have you."

I let out a sigh of relief, quickly nodding my head, thankful that my actions didn't lead to another person I loved getting hurt.

"But," he continued, "That can easily fucking change, darling."

"I know.. I get it now." I said quietly, nodding again.

"Good," he smiled, kissing my forehead before standing back up, offering his hand to me, "I'm not giving you anymore chances, Elizabeth."

"Okay." I said quietly, fear and emotion still laced throughout my voice as I grabbed his hand, pulling myself up.

He then walked me out of the room, the light still causing my eyes to slightly strain as we made our way through the hallways, multiple people kneeling as we went by.
It still amazed me at how much power Negan had over these people; how much they genuinely feared him.

As we made our way to his room, he pushed open the door, flicking his head in its direction, silently telling me to go in.

"I have a lot of shit to do," he explained as he still stood on the other side of the doorway, "So just clean yourself up and get some sleep."

I nodded, almost happy that he had other things to do so I could calm down a bit and regain my composure and any confidence I had left.

After he left, I quickly made my way to the bathroom, studying myself in the mirror; my clothes were covered in dirt and my cheeks were still stained with regret. I then turned to the side a bit, pulling up my sleeve and inspecting my sore left arm that had just been getting countless abuse by the hands of larger men; bruises of all different sizes appearing at different rates.
I wondered if he'd care.

_____
Hey, I've been loving the recent feedback you guys have been leaving! I really work on trying to make this fanfic seem as realistic as possible and to see that you guys are noticing that, means so much to me.

Btw: Liz was in that cell for about 30hrs before Negan came and got her, just couldn't find a good place in the chapter to put that information.