Part 9

I couldn't let Negan get away with everything he's been doing; I don't want to feel helpless anymore.
I quickly searched the room for something I could defend myself with, knowing he would soon be at my door.

This room was virtually empty, only filled with soft things that wouldn't hurt a fly.

I quickly ran into the bathroom, looking for anything heavy or hard that could do some sort of damage; but nothing.
I walked back into the room, slightly beginning to panic before I remembered the closet. I swung the door open to see the wooden hanger rod and tears of joy almost began burning at my eyes.
I grabbed ahold of it, quickly pulling it down and readying myself at the door.
I had no plan, but there was no time to come up with one.

I waited until the door fully opened and I had Negan in my sights, then I swung as hard as I could hitting him straight in the chest.
He dropped to his knees, the wind being knocked out of him as he tried swearing every word in the book, and then some.

This was it, this was my chance.

I dropped the wooden rod and tried squeezing past him as he kneeled in the doorway, attempting to catch his breath.
This is when I wished I would have thought this plan out more thoroughly, quickly realizing I wasn't going to be able to get out that door.

As I tried, my arm was tightly grabbed, surely leaving a bruise, before I was violently thrown to the floor.

Negan stood above me, clutching his ribs with one hand while closing the door with the other.
He began to chuckle as he grabbed Lucille, holding her above my head, "Honey, you're gonna regret that shit."

I squeezed my eyes closed, waiting for what seemed like hours for a blow that never happened. Instead I heard something hit the ground causing me to quickly open my eyes, searching for the noise.

I look to my right to see Lucille on the ground and Negan now over by the closet, pacing.

I pushed myself up, holding the back of my head in pain as I carefully watched Negan.
He then, without warning, stopped pacing and promptly punched a hole though the closet door that was obviously no match for him.

I jumped at the sight, swallowing hard as he turned to me; his eyes seemed lifeless and he looked like he was lost in his own mind; my heart ached at the sight, seeing the pain that was buried deep inside this evil man.
But in that moment, I felt like I was looking at a completely different person.. one who wasn't a monster.
I was looking at a man that used to be normal before this world changed.

I was overcome with an urge to touch him.. to say that I was sorry for what I did even though I knew he didn't deserve any apologies. Even though I knew that he wasn't feeling even 10% of the pain I had felt the past couple of days.
This monster made my head hurt; I didn't know how to feel when he was around.. and I didn't know how to feel when he was gone. I was feeling sorry for an evil man who at any moment could kill me or another person I love; but I couldn't stop. I'm overcome with an urge to help him; to help a man who I knew couldn't be save and who definitely didn't deserve it, but there's just something in me telling me he needs it.

Before I could get a word out, his dark expression had found its way back onto his face. He grabbed Lucille and the closet rod, still clutching his ribs, and left the room, violently slamming the door behind himself.

I continued to sit on the floor, almost in a state of shock, not knowing how to comprehend everything that just happened.
I was confused at why Negan didn't kill me. Surely if anyone else would have hit him, they'd be long gone by now, but for some reason.. I'm still here.

My palms began to sweat at the thought of what he's doing now.
If he didn't kill me.. then who?

________
I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I watched the newest episode of TWD the other night (7x04) and I'm honestly loving this season so much, it's absolutely genius tbh