Part 50

I stood behind Dwight as he peaked out the door, checking the hall before leaning it closed again, "The halls are empty-- go back to Negan's room and act like none of this shit ever happened."

"What if he's already there- in the room?" I asked, worried.

"If he knew you were gone, he would have found you by now." Dwight said bluntly, the seriousness of his tone causing me to shiver at the thought of Negan's power.

I nodded quickly, nervously biting my bottom lip.

"So go back in there, go to bed, take a shower, hell- stay up all night, I don't fucking care," Dwight instructed, "Just pretend that none of this happened."

"I will." I sighed, accepting the fact that the one chance I thought I had, was gone.

***

I slowly pushed open the door to Negan's room, hoping that everything Dwight said was right because right now, I wouldn't be able to face the anger I knew Negan had.

I let out a sigh of relief seeing that the room was still empty, before closing the door, and crawling into the bed that was once filled with Negan and I.

I hated to say that I knew where Negan was coming from, but I did. I get why he's mad that I don't want to stay here and I get why he's sick of me bringing up everything he's done to my group; but it's like he never sees things from my point of view.
He took me away from the best thing that's ever happened to me and he doesn't even care.

Dwight's words kept replaying in my head, "You can never get out of this." and I think he's right. I thought that maybe, if I could just get back to my group, even for a short amount of time, that we'd be able to figure something out- anything.. but the more and more I think about it, I could've just killed my entire group.
My body shivered at the thought, tears breaking the barrier again as I cursed myself for even attempting to leave.

I was so physically and emotionally drained after everything that just happened, all I wanted to do was fall asleep and hope then when I woke up, this would all just be a terrible dream.

***

I tiredly opened my eyes, seeing that Negan's side of the bed was still empty, and actually being thankful about it.
I then looked over at the clock on the wall, checking the time; 9:40am, before getting up and heading to the bathroom. I examined my face in the mirror, seeing that it was still puffy from all the crying I did last night as memories of the stupid decision I almost made came flooding through my head.
I quickly stripped my clothes off and turned the shower to cold before jumping in; hoping the icy temperatures would numb my mind.

I don't know how I could be so careless to try and leave without even thinking deeply into the consequences; it's like I completely forgot who Negan was and what he was capable of. I mean, even if he would have found me in the hallway instead of Dwight.. he would have been furious.
I know Rick and the rest of the group have done some terrible things, but I feel like they don't even compare to what Negan and The Saviors have done. We did the stuff we've done because we had to, Negan does it like it's a sport.. and it scares the hell out of me.

***

Just as I finished putting on a pair of clean clothes, I heard a quiet knock on the door. I opened it to see the exact face I was expecting; Joey.

"You're actually ready!" He joked quietly before furrowing his eyebrows, looking around the room, "Where's Negan?"

I shrugged, "Don't know, and I'd really like to keep it that way.

He chuckled, "Dang, what happened?"

I shook my head before walking out the door and down the hallway, "I think we're driving each other insane."

"Well that's not surprising," he laughed, causing me to give him a confused look, "You're both so strong willed, hell, you're nearly the same person."

His words made me stop in my tracks, "I'm nothing like him, Joey."

"Whoa, I didn't mean it like that, Liz," he back peddled, "I just meant mentally; you're both too headstrong for your own good, it gets you in trouble."

I nodded, beginning to walk again, "I'm sorry.. it's just- it was a rough night."

"I get it." He smiled before holding something out to his side, "I brought you a granola bar; it might make you feel better."

I laughed at his gesture before snatching the bar out of his hand, "It might."

***

Joey and I continued sorting through the supplies; counting what we had and making room for what was supposed to be coming in any time now.

"What time is it?" Joey asked, moving a box of cans across the room.

I looked up to the wall clock, "11:25am"

He nodded, "They should be getting back any minute-"

Just then, a barrage of gunfire was heard, cutting Joey off and causing me to drop the two cans I was holding.

"Joey.. what was that?" I asked, my voice shaky from fear. As long as I've been here, I've never heard gunfire like that- hell, I never really heard it at all.

"I don't- I don't know, really." He said confused.

I began walking to the door, curious to see if there was anyone in the halls that could explain what that was about, before Joey quickly rushed in front of me; shutting the door and locking it.

"What-"

"Liz, whatever's going on out there, we don't need to be apart of it." He warned, standing in front of the now closed door.

"But what if- what if it's Daryl or-" I stuttered, now beginning to panic.
What if Negan found out about last night.. or the stairwell..

_____
Getting close to the part you've all been waiting for.. but there's still quite a bit of drama that's going to happen.
Get ready.