Part 6

I sat on the small bed waiting for one of Negan's 'wives' to show up like he said. I wanted to talk to her, get some answers, maybe even befriend her so I can find Daryl and get out of this hell hole.

Suddenly I heard the rustling of keys and the door slowly opened, a red haired woman peaking through.
She gave me a weak smile when our eyes met and I returned the favor, hoping to gain her trust.

"Hi," she spoke softly, "my names Tiffany."

She looked timid and scared, but I'm really not surprised, I'm sure this place will do that to you.

"Hello, I'm Elizabeth." I replied as she leaned the door shut, walking over to me holding a small pile of clothes.

"Negan wanted me to bring you these, I hope they fit you well." She said shyly, handing them to me.

I decided to play this up as much as possible, "Thank you Tiffany, I really appreciate it, you have no idea!" I smiled, earning a genuine smile back from her before she turned to go out the door.

"Wait!" She turned back to face me, "any chance you could keep me company for a little? I'm just- I'm so scared here.."

I could see her contemplating it, asking herself if she could, "Um, yeah sure." She replied with a smile.

"Oh thank you so much, let me just go throw these on real quick!"
When I closed the bathroom door behind me, I smiled to myself, knowing that if I played my cards right, I could probably get all I needed to know out of this girl.

I came out of the bathroom wearing the pair of jeans and tank top I was given, she smiled when she saw that they fit.

"Thank you again for the clothes." I smiled at her, receiving a nod back.

"So.. What is this place?" I ask, pointing around the room.

"Um, it's one of Negan's compounds- the main one actually." She explained quietly.

"There's more? This place looks huge though, how many more does he need?"

"Well, he really just uses the other ones for some of his workers.. This ones big enough for most of us." She shrugged.

"It looks like it," I laughed, "how many rooms do you think it has?" I needed these answers if I was gonna find Daryl.

She shrugged again, "There are 4 main halls but I don't know how many rooms there are; it's different for each haul I think."

"That's crazy," I acted shocked, "What hall are we in?

She paused for a second and I began to fear that she knew what I was doing, "Hall A, I think.. Yeah the North end, hall A."

"Hall A, room A," I joked, "finally getting some A's in my life, God knows I never got them I school."

She laughed in response to my joke but quickly got quiet again when I asked my next question, "This is totally weird but, are you really Negan's wife?"

I could see her begin to bite at the inside of her cheek as she nodded.

"You don't- you don't look too happy about that." I said softly.

She took a deep breath, "There's 7 of us- well 8 now that you're here."

I nearly choked on my own spit, "Excuse me? I'm not his wife."

She let out a weak laugh and looked over at me, "You will be."