Part 38

The shot rang out, echoing through the air as Rod's body hit the ground; mine following shortly behind as I collapsed, muffled cries ringing out from the group of people behind me.

I dropped the gun, pulling my shaky hands to my chest as I tried to catch my breath between sobs.

Negan chuckled as he walked over to where I sat, kneeling to my level, "I told you you'd have blood on your hands."

I stayed silent, wiping the tears off of my cheeks and refusing to make eye contact.

"Back to work!" Negan yelled, grabbing the gun as he stood up, looking over the large group of shaken up people before strolling back into the building like nothing ever happened.

My head slowly lifted, making eye contact with Daryl; his soft eyes almost seeming to calm my shaken physique before Dwight roughly pulled him up, taking him away again.

Just then, a hand was held out to me, taking me out of my numb state.

"Come on." Joey said softly, pulling me up off the ground as my eyes locked on the men beginning to drag Rod's body out to the fence.

***

"I don't know where to go.." I murmured, leaning against a wall in a vacant hallway.

"What do you mean?" Joey asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I can't go back and sleep in the same bed as him.. not after today."

"You did after he killed your friend, didn't you?" He asked quietly.

I lifted my head to look at Joey, my mind filled with shock.

"I'm sorry," he sighed, "But am I wrong?"

I shook my head lightly, wiping a tear that escaped down my cheek at the memory of Abraham.

"He's the same guy, Liz," he explained, "All he's trying to do is break you; that's what he does."

"He made me kill that guy, Joey.. I can't get his face out of my mind." I said shakily.

"Could've been worse, I mean he could have-" he was then thankfully cut off by a very familiar voice on the walkie talkie he had; the last voice I wanted to hear.

"Bring Elizabeth back to our room." The voice said causing Joey to give me a pitiful look.

"Right away." He said back into the radio phone before looking over at me, "I'm sorry-"

"Doesn't matter," I shrugged, "It's not like either of us have a choice, right?"

***

"I'm sorry." Joey whispered one last time before knocking on the door that opened up seconds later.

"There you are." Negan smirked as I walked in, immediately closing the door in Joey's face before turning around to face me as I stood uncomfortably with my arms crossed.

"Come on darling, are you still mad at me?" He asked as he walked closer, brushing the loose strands of hair out my face.

"Don't touch me." I spit, smacking his hand away, causing him to chuckle, "You made me kill a man that didn't deserve it-"

"Rod was a dick; he had it coming." Negan cut in as he sat on the edge of the desk.

"Then why make me do it, Negan?"

"You disrespected one of my men, even if it was a piece of shit like Rod, you did exactly what I said not to, again." He smiled, "And I told you, no more warnings; I'm a man of my word!"

I shook my head in disbelief, "What's your point, Negan? What's your goal in all of this?"

"You." He smirked, "You're a fun one to break, Elizabeth, and you're real easy on the eyes."

"You're disgusting." I spit.

He nodded, running his tongue between his lips, "And you love it."

_____
Hey! How have you guys been liking the recent chapters?