Part 53

Stills of Mark's face flashed through my mind as I walked down the hall with Joey; the violent, unnecessary act forever stuck in my head-- along with all the rest.

"Are you okay?" Joey asked quietly.

"No I'm not okay," I chuckled lightly, shaking my head, "No one in this hell hole is okay."

Joey sighed, "Its not like everyone wanted to watch Mark get the iron, Liz.. Negan makes everyone watch to remind them-"

"To remind them that the rules matter; I got it." I cut him off, annoyance present in my voice.

"I mean, he's not wrong." Joey shrugged, causing me to furrow my eyebrows at him, "Look at where he is, Liz-- look at the community he's built-"

"He only has this community because everyone here is afraid of him; he's a monster." I spit.

Joey chuckled, "You changed fast."

"Excuse me?" I said, stopping in my tracks.

"The way you're acting; just a few days ago you were willing to try to make this all work out! You even got a job here which none of Negan's wives do." He explained, "You were going to stay here because you got feelings for the same guy you're calling a monster right now."

I bit at the inside of my cheek, knowing that what he was saying was true but desperately trying to find a way to convince, not only Joey, but myself that it was all just an act-- like it was supposed to be.

"Just admit it, Liz," he continued, "This place- this life.. you wanted it, even if just for a split second."

I shook my head, "No.. I only accepted it."

"Hey Joey," a scratchy voice from the radio phone said, "We need you by gate B; Negan's about to head out with the kid."

Joeys eyes immediately shot to mine, knowing exactly what was going through my mind, "Liz.. don't."

I knew I shouldn't.. everything in my mind was telling me not to, but my legs had already started moving. I wasn't going to do anything stupid or put anyone else in danger, but I just needed to know where they were going.

I ran down the stairs that I once met Daryl in and burst out the door; multiple large trucks waiting to exit through the fences.

I watched as Dwight drug Daryl away from the passenger side window of one of the trucks, making me figure that's where Negan was, and exactly where I needed to get to.

I ran towards the truck, desperate to get the answers I wanted, before Dwight grabbed ahold of me with his free arm, "What're you doing?" He lowly whispered as I struggled in his grasp.

"Negan!" I yelled, trying to get his attention.

"You're gonna end up getting someone killed, do you hear me?" Dwight reminded, still a firm grip on both Daryl and I.

"Let her go, Dwight!" Negan's loud voice ordered from the cab of the truck, Dwight hold on me quickly releasing with a sigh of frustration.

I jogged the rest of the way to the truck; Negan, Carl, and one of Negan's men, all sitting upfront, "Where are you taking him, Negan?" I asked bluntly, out of breath and desperate for an answer.

"Whoa darling, again with that fucking attitude of yours!" Negan chuckled, "Is she this bratty at your guys place?" He asked, nudging Carl who stayed silent.

"Tell me where you're taking him." I asked once more.

"I suggest you change your tone, darling, or I'll take him somewhere you'll never find him again." Negan threatened, and evil smile painted on his face.

I glanced over at Carl before letting out a heavy sigh, giving in, "Please, I just need to know to- to calm my mind."

Negan smirked, "I'm taking him home-- that's where you want him to go, right?"

I quickly nodded, "Yeah- thank you."

"Now go back inside and stay in our room," he instructed lowly as he leaned out the window, "We'll talk about what happened today when I get back."

I let out a deep sigh as he kissed my forehead; dreading his arrival back already. He then hit the side of the truck, signaling to the driver to go as I soon watched them drive away.

All I hoped is that he was actually going to do what he said he was, and that everyone was going to be ok.

_____
I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

I haven't really been getting any comments/feedback from you on the recent chapters which is a bit of a bummer. I hope you guys are still into this fanfic and if not, is there anything you think I could improve on?