Part 33

I stared up at the ceiling as I laid in bed, clean from the shower; my mind racing, unable to let me fall asleep.
Although I was glad that I was alone, protected from Negan's verbal abuse, I missed his touch. Just lying in this bed made my heart race; the memories of the other night speeding through my mind as I craved him.
I kept trying to convince myself that everything I was feeling was a good thing, at least this way, faking it here won't be so hard.

I sighed as I heard the bedroom door open, my freedom and security seeming like it was just taken away.

As the door closed, I sat up, not wanting him to think that I was ignoring him.
My eyes immediately went to Lucille as she hung loosely from his hand, seeing that she was covered in blood.

"Calm down, she didn't bash any living skulls today." Negan joked, obviously noticing the concerned look on my face as he leaned her against the wall.

"I just-"

"Don't worry, darling," he cut me off, "Your people are still alive and kicking; well probably." He laughed.

"Probably?" I asked, worried at what exactly he meant.

"I didn't pay them a visit, lucky little shits," he smiled, shaking his head, "Lucille was thirsty today!"

I stayed silent, unsure of how to respond next before he walked over to the side of the bed, gently lifting my chin as he slowly kissed my lips, almost seeming to calm my restless mind.
I kissed him back, letting myself enjoy it, even though I knew it was coming from a monster.

He then pulled away and began tiredly removing his jacket as he made his way towards the dresser, "Listen," he sighed, "I didn't want to put you in that cell, Elizabeth, but you forced my hand."

"I know." I said softly, wanting to agree with everything he said to protect myself and others.

"All I've been doing is letting you off with warnings each time you fucking act up, and I can't do that shit anymore." He explained, walking back over, now holding clean clothes, "I can't take a chance and have my men lose respect for me, so next time, there won't be a warning.. and you'll have a shit ton of blood on your hands."

I quickly nodded my head at his threat, another round of fear coating my body, "I'm not gonna do any of that stuff anymore, Negan.. it's not worth it; I get that now."

He smirked at my compliance, getting exactly what he wanted, before kissing the top of my head and heading into the bathroom, "You better pray you do, darling."

***

My eyes lightly fluttered open in the dark room as I felt the bed dip behind me and the weight of an arm being snaked around my waist. My body tensed at his touch but soon relaxed again when I felt his steady warm breath against my neck, almost lulling me back to sleep.

Even though I was so exhausted, my mind constantly raced with thoughts of self doubt and fear.
I was officially a prisoner here and there was nothing I could do about it unless I wanted to risk my life and the life of others, and I just can't do that.. not again. I just didn't know how I was supposed to survive here without going completely insane..

_____
Writers block is a bitch lmao

Sorry I missed a day and that this update is a bit short, but coming up with a new part to an almost completely unknown story every night is a bit tricky sometimes

I'll still continue to try my best though because I am really enjoying writing this and I also love that you guys are enjoying reading it

If you have any thoughts/ideas that you think I should incorporate, let me know!
Also, if there are any specific characters you would like to see more of in this fanfic, please feel free to tell me! There are just so many amazing characters, it's hard to pick which to incorporate, you know?