23

• | Brandy's Pov | •

This weekend, Odell decided to come to Louisiana so he can spend a little time with his family. Especially his mother.

And, they haven't really met A'Laina.

~ ~ ~ ~

We made it to Odell's mom, Ann's house and about 4 other cars was there.

"Odell ya mama got more cars?" Odell laughed a bit.

"Nah, she still got that Escalade. That's the fam cars." He stopped the car and the kids were still sleeping.

I picked Laina up while Odell got the other too. "That's everything?"

"Yeah, we'll come back for the bags." I said and we started walking to the door. I have to say, Ms. Ann does have taste. She always did , but I'm just saying. More of it...

~

Before we even reached the door, it swung open and Odell's sister, Margy ran outside.

"Ah, they're here!" She yelled. Laina jumped in her sleep and I rubbed her back. Harmony and Jayden woke up.

"Hi!" I said and Laina stayed sleep. Ms. Ann then came outside and hugged me and kissed my cheek. "Aww..is this my new grandchild?"

"Yes mam. She's tired though." She laughed and kissed Laina's cheek. Harmony and Jayden then hugged her. "Grandma!" They said and I smiled.

"Hey girl, how's everything going?" Mary said hugging me.

"Fine." I said. She smiled nodding.

"I wish she was up I can't wait to meet her." Mary said.

"Hey mama." Odell said hugging Ms. Ann. Odell looked a little like his mama, but he really looks like his dad.

"I missed you so much baby, how's the NFL going?" Odell sighed and Mary took Harmony and Jayden inside.

"I retired ma." He said and she frowned. "For what?" He grabbed my hand showing her the ring.

"Y'all getting married?! Ah, this is so exciting! But that's not a reason to quit the NFL Jr!" She said.

"Not only that mama. Shit just came between it and I had to handle some business. But we good now." He said. She shook her head.

"I see what kind too. Killing people? Odell have you lost your mind?!" Odell sighed and I rubbed Laina's back.

"I'll go inside." I said. I walked inside and greeted a bunch of other step fam.

I know its hard telling his mama this.

• | Odell's Pov | •

My mama is mad ass fuck at me right now. And to be honest, I don't blame her.

"Mama they was coming between our marriage! Then this one chick tried to break us up. She tried it, but wasn't successful. Going for her next.." I said looking at the ground thinking of the shit I'll do to Kinsley ugly ass.

NOT LIKE THAT EITHER!

I just got my girl back ain't trynna lose her again.

"Odell Beckham Jr, Did you just tell me your gonna kill someone else infront of my face?!" She said slapping me my face. I sucked my teeth sighing.

"Mama she crazy! What the hell you want to do?!" She shook her head. "Call the police Odell! You just got out of jail. You want to go back?!" I sighed.

"Whatever man." I walked passed her and walked to the door.

"I didn't raise you to be like your father Odell!" She yelled. I looked back at and glared at her.

"I chose to be like this.." I said and rolled my eyes going inside.

How dare her compare to my dad? He wasn't even a bad perosn. People just came between the family and he had to handle business.

.

"Brandy..." I said. She looked at me and I motioned for her to me. She got up and Laina crawled on the floor to my sister.

"What's up?" Brandy said. I sighed running my hand through my curly hair.

"We leaving." I said and Brandy frowned. "For what Odell?" Mary said

The door closed and everyone got quiet. I looked seeing my mom standing at the door.

"Let em go Mary.." She said and I rolled my eyes shaking my head.

"Ms. Ann what's going -"

"Brandy let's go. Harmony, Jayden come on." I said.

"Lai Lai, Come on." I said. She looked at us and she crawled screaming and smiling. Her two teeth was growing too. 

Everyone laughed and she grabbed Brandy's pants. "Mommyyy!" She said. She picked her up and Harmony and Jayden came over.

"Mommy, why are we leaving?" Jayden asked. Brandy shrugged.

"I don't know baby. It was nice seeing you guys." Brandy said and we walked out the house. I didn't even look my mama in the eyes or look her way.

"Mama what's going on?" Mary asked. She shook her head and when we walked out, she slammed the door behind us.

I sighed and we walked to the car.

• | Brandy's Pov | •

I don't know what the hell was being after I left, but I feel like its got something to do with him killing people.

We got the kids buckled back in the car. "Odell..What's happened?" I asked and he was quiet. He started the car and we bagged up out the driveway. Mary was watching as we left. I sighed and looked back at the kids who was all confused just as much as I was.

"Odell.." I said.

"I'll tell you later." He said. I nodded and looked out the window.

God Please Come Through.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●