Chapter 27. A Heartbreaking Past

Freddy's POV

"I'll let you guys alone." Sapphire says and in no time, she's gone. I approach (y/n) and I rest one hand on her upper leg. "Freddy...I don't want you to think that I don't trust you, I really do, it's just...I.....I..." "(Y/n), it's okay. I understand." (Y/n) sighs. "Alright...where do you want me to begin?" "Well....first I'd like to know what exactly happened in your past." I watch as the tears stream down her face. She must feel really bad. I lean in and wipe the tears away. "But take your time." I add. She gives a slight nod in response and sighs. "It all began when I was 7. I was 7 years old.....I guess I was 7. Let's just say I was around that age. Anyway, my parents have always been normal. But around the age of 7, my father lost his job. My mother was mad at him, because she said that it was his own fault he got fired. My father wouldn't believe that. One night, my parents had a huge fight. They were screaming, yelling, I don't even fucking know. I went downstairs to see if everything was okay and before I knew it my father bumped into me, mad, and he just left. My mother cried hysterically on the couch and I rushed over to her. I tried to calm her down, but of course I was 7 and it didn't help. My mother went upstairs to go to sleep. So I did the same. Later, that same night, my father arrived. I woke up when I heard my mom walking down the stairs. I quietly opened the door of my room to see what was happening out there. I remember my dad acting strange, and now I know he was drunk. Of course I didn't know it by then. So I just thought everything was alright, until I heard them loudly talking to each other. My mother said that he needed to get a job again, because otherwise we wouldn't have enough money to live from. My father told her that it wasn't his fault that he got fired and...."

~flashback~

Your POV

I slowly open my eyes and hear someone walking down the stairs. I get out of bed and feel my long braids touching my back with every step I take. I carefully open my door. Then I hear the front door close. Is daddy home? I hope he's okay. I remember him being mad earlier today. Mommy and daddy were screaming and I could've swear I heard some plates break. I take a seat on the stairs and slowly look down at mommy and daddy. "And where have you been?" mommy asks. "None of your business!" daddy answers. "No of course not." mommy sighs frustrated. "You have to get a job again, otherwise we won't have enough money to pay everything! I can't work 5 days a week, you know that!" "Shut up, lady! You can't tell me what to do!" "WE HAVE A CHILD UPSTAIRS!" mommy yells and when she said that she points upstairs, while turning around. She sees me and I gasp in fear. Oh no!
"(Y/n), sweetie, go back to sleep." "But, mommy, why are you guys yelling at each other?" I ask. "Because your mommy is a motherfucking bitch!" daddy calls. What did he call her? "And you!" he says, pointing at me. "I wish we never had you in the first place!! We have to pay everything just for you!!" I gasp. "So....you don't love me...daddy?" "I don't love you, I don't even like you! I HATE you!" I cry and I run back into my room. "Daddy doesn't love me." I sob. I sit down on my bed and grab my teddybear. "Oh Teddy....what did I do wrong?"

~end of flashback, back to reality~

Freddy's POV

Now I understand why (y/n) is so attached to that bear. I notice her become quiet, so I put an arm around her. "It's okay....it's okay...." I say. (Y/n) sighs. "My dad began to beat my mother up again and again, so one day she obeyed to everything he said. My parents began to drink alcohol more and more, they....they were getting so aggressive. That same night, I went downstairs and my father abused me. A couple years later, I tried to speak some sense into them, especially in my mother, but it just didn't work. I still remember my parents being nice and how they always said that they loved me..." I kiss her head and she sighs sadly. I can't imagine a 7 years old (y/n) being abused by her father. It's just too horrible. I stroke her arm and watch the bruises...
I almost start to cry myself. I just can't believe it....
She wipes away her tears. "Oh yeah...and...uhhh....you remember Jason, right?" I nod. "Yes?" "Well....uhh....maybe this is the right time to tell you. He...uhh...he's my ex." I widen my eyes. "Are you fucking serious!?" I say. She flinches. "P-Please don't be mad..." she says quietly. "I won't, I'm sorry. I just didn't know that............(y/n). What did he do when you got kidnapped by him?" If he touched her, I swear to god.....
Anger rises inside of me. "No, he only....threatened me....and said things." I slam my fist on the desk, causing her to flinch badly. "Sorry." I quickly apologize. "It's okay." she replies. "What did he say?" I ask. "He.....he said that he would help my parents to escape jail again. And he said he loves to hurt me." I growl at what she said and pull her up to my chest. "I won't let that happen, (y/n). I love you. You're safe here." I reassure her and kiss her forehead.