Chapter 5

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

Veridia, Collegium Magicus, Class 2-A1
1000 hours

"Freshers' Week?" V glanced at the paper that Jimin had handed to him. The black haired boy nodded excitedly.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" He said in a hoping tone. V pursed his lips, reading every single line from the brochure.

"A new experience...a team leader...3 days event..." He murmured to himself. Turning to Jimin, he smiled and stated his agreement in joining the event. Jimin fistbumped the air and turned to Jungkook.

"Yah, Jungkook-"

"I'm not joining, sorry," he cut the whining boy mid-sentence.

"But why?"

"Alchemy's extra class," he smiled sheepishly. The two nodded quickly as the Alchemy Lesson's teacher, Mrs. Jung's face came across their mind. She's the school lioness, as to expect of the Student Council's Advisor.

"So it's just the two of us then. Those 3rd Years hyungs are preparing for exams," Jimin sighed. V patted his back and said assuringly.

"Don't whine much. It's a bomb even when it's only the two of us," he grinned. Without them knowing, the Park twins, who were listening to their conversations, had also planned something for the event. Something not too pleasant for sure.

1st day of Fresher's Week
0800 hours

"Alright, line up everyone! We're going to start off the day with our morning exercise!" Hyunsoo hollered. The 1st Year students obeyed and formed lines in front of the Vice President.

"He's not going to have any problems handling this," Chaeyoung grinned as V and Jimin furrowed their eyebrows.

"Can't you see the heart-shaped eyes of the girls?"

"Ah, you're saying his good looks make things easier to handle?" Jimin laughed. Just then, a group of girls waved at the angel duo, giggling happily when they smiled back. Chaeyoung scoffed.

"Say the two standing next to me here," she rolled her eyes. The angels shrugged and proceeded to check the attendance. At the last line of students, V frowned.

"Where's Team Cypher?" He asked to the leader of Team Yttrium. He shook his head and apologised. V puffed his cheeks. Team Cypher was his team, and as the team leader, he must be responsible for all of his members' doing.

"I'm sure I've told them to gather here after dinner last night," he muttered to himself. Asking Jimin to take over his task, he opened his white wings and glided over the air to the students' campsite. He landed gently in front of his team's tent and was shocked to see they were still deep in sleep.

"Yah, Taewoo, wake up! Everyone, get up!" He shook their shoulders. They squinted and yawned, some muttering a good morning.

"Goodness gracious, don't good morning me! You're supposed to wake up before 8, and now it's 15 minutes past 8!" V ruffled his light brown hair. The 1st Years blinked their eyes and apologised immediately before rushing to the gathering field.

Hyunsoo raised an eyebrow, but decided to let the matter off until later. They were already late, and being mad at a group would only make matters worse. As the students started their morning exercise, Jimin sat beside his perplexed friend.

"They just overslept. It happened to us too, don't worry much," he assured.

"That's not the case here,"

"What?"

"They forgot everything about last night. I asked them about dinner, and that was the last thing they had in mind. All the others after that, including my message, was absent," V said in a serious tone. Jimin's eyes narrowed.