Chapter 41

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

Veridia, Fairgrasp

Jaehi kept thinking of the dream she had last night. Rather than a dream, she thought of it as a clue. A very big clue to what she had been trying to find out.

"No way it's him..."

Flashback to Jaehi's dream

The twins were playing tag in the hallway without paying any attention to the adults around them. There weren't any other kids around beside them anyway. They kept playing until Mrs. Park told them to behave and wait in the car. She then vanished into one of the room with Mr. Park and another man.

Hayi and Jaehi made their way back to their car, accompanied by their driver. Their parents' meeting with the man was very long, and Hayi fell asleep because of boredom. Jaehi was looking outside the window when she saw an angel boy his age being scolded by the demon man, presumably his father.

The girl was amused because she never found someone who has a family member of a different race. Especially between angels and demons. She went out of her car and tapped the boy's shoulder lightly.

"You shouldn't go in there. My eomma scolded me too just now. I think my parents and your father works together," she said when he turned to face him. He grinned and nodded.

"Yeah, that's my dad. I'm Kim Taehyung by the way. Just call me V," he held his hand out for a handshake. She accepted it and smiled.

"Nice to meet you! My name is Park-"

"Young lady, you should go back to the car now," the Park family's driver ushered the girl back to the car, without her finishing her introduction to the angel. She waved to him hurriedly.

"We'll meet again next time!" She shouted, and he nodded excitedly before waving back to him.

Present

Even so, they never meet each other again until now. But they didn't recognize each other. It was a piece of memory that she had lost along her life, and it came back as a clue. She kept denying the fact that he's the son of the killer.

That was why she arranged a meet up with Junhoe today. When she arrived at his apartment, she straight away walked into it, knowing he never lock the door. She saw he was watching a movie instead of searching for clues. She shook her head and crept up behind him.

"Yah!"

"What the?! Yah, you could have knock on the door first!" He groaned and focused on his drama again. Jaehi facepalmed.

"Oppa, this is not the time for a drama,"

"It is considering I already found a lead on his 'missing' son," he replied, his eyes still fixed to the drama. Her eyes widened.

"You did?"

"Yup! Just an hour before you arrived," he paused the drama and walked over to his printer, where a few sheets of paper were placed neatly beside it. He passed the papers to her and she read it immediately. Her eyes stopped at one name.

"Kim Taehyung?"

"Surprising, yes," he sat back down on his chair, his hand rested under his chin. The demon girl gripped on the papers, not believing what she had just read. So her dream was true after all. And her suspicion on him having a half-demon power was true.

"Is this really that Kim Taehyung?" She asked slowly for the last time. He pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded.

"Yes," he let out heavily. She was silent for a long time. He didn't bother her, knowing she was either thinking or accepting the fact. He knew even though she kept pushing the angel away, she trusts him a bit more than the other boys. It was as if they have a special bond.

"Oppa, you told me the killer was injured because of that incident right? How seriously injured was he?" She suddenly spoke up.

"Very bad. He was in bed for 3 years and it took him a whole year to recover fully,"

"That means he won't be able to kill me by himself. And I can't use my power too. I have a plan oppa," she looked up to him and told him the plan. When she was finished, he shook his head in disagreement.

"I don't agree Jaehi, not at all,"

"I'm going with that. No matter what you say," she said sternly.

Collegium Magicus Main Gate

V saw Jaehi walking towards him and he smiled. She was late, but he could care less. As long as she showed up he was more than glad.

"You came!"

"Yeah, sorry I'm late. Ran into a bit of trouble," she shrugged, remembering about Junhoe telling her not to go to patrol. But she needed to in order to make her plan work. So he gave up. They walked into the woods, both not bothering to speak a word. It was like they were comfortable with the silence.

"Yah, V-ssi," the demon broke the cold quiet air. He hummed, kind of weirded out at the sudden formality.

"If I lost control of my power again next time, you have to be the one who will stop me. I mean, kill me," she let out a small smile. He turned to face her with a frown.

"I don't get it,"

"Just saying. But I mean it," she avoided his question. He stopped in his track and held her wrist.

"Jaehi, what is this about?" He asked again, his gaze turning serious. She took his hand away from his and walked off, ignoring his question again. A few steps forward, she turned to him.

"I'll be patrolling in the west side. You go to the east," she said simply and vanished into the direction she mentioned before the angel could stop her. When she was really alone and far from the boy, she heard rustling of leaves and bushes. And in an instant, several black clothed men surrounded her. She scoffed.

"I knew you will come for me but I didn't expect it to be this quick. And your black suits reminded me of my Black Lily days," she talked casually, as if nothing was going to happen to her.

"Okay, I'll let you take me away. But it will be dull without a touch of battle, isn't it?" She sneered and attacked a few of the men. They were really strong and they outnumbered her for sure, but she wasn't a member of Black Lily for nothing.

She was able to take down four out of seven men, until one of them sneaked up from behind her and pinned her down onto the forest floor. She didn't fight him when he jabbed a syringe containing some kind of liquid into her arm. And then everything went dark.