Chapter 44

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

"Appa?" V breathed out, his eyes fixed on the figure of the old demon. The other six angels arrived behind him, their chests rose and fell with their heavy breathing. Their eyes widened when the sight of the demons, laying critically injured on the floor, entered their view.

While the other angels rushed to their respective partner's side, V kept switching glances between his long-lost father, whose face was obviously satisfied with his presence there, and Jaehi, whose eyes were dull and kind of sad. He turned to look at Hayi, who was laying on Jimin's lap, not far from him.

"Hayi, Jaehi... She's not herself, isn't she?" He crouched down to her. She shook her head weakly. He noticed her bruised shoulder, and Jimin mouthed to him that her shoulder was dislocated.

"She...lost control...and is possessed...by your father. She won't stop...because she will...continue to listen to him..." she tried her best to let out the words with her pain becoming unbearable. Suddenly, she gripped the wrist of V's white shirt and looked at him with begging eyes.

"V, you must...save Jaehi. I don't know what happened...but she will...die if she...keep using her power...like that. That power...it absorbs her energy...until there's no more left..." she pleaded. Both the angels gazed at her and then to the other demons, then to Jaehi and Taejoong. V bit his lips and clenched his fists.

"I will Hayi, I promise," he smiled and stood up. As he walked towards his father, his mind reminisced a few bitter moments he had with his father. About what he had done to his mother. To himself. And now to his friends and the only girl he loves and cares for after his mother.

"Long time no see, my son," Taejoong's voice echoed throughout the room. V stopped walking, creating a little distance between them. Jaehi was still standing behind Taejoong.

"What did you do to Jaehi appa?"

"I thought her twin told you about it. Or maybe you can see it for yourself,"

"Why? Why her? She doesn't have anything to do with you,"

"My, my... How wrong and naive you are, son. She has a lot to do with me. I'm done with her parents, so I'm here for her now," he snickered. So it is related to her parents like what I thought, V thought to himself.

"What did you do to her parents? I don't understand appa,"

"You don't have to understand Taehyung-ah. In the end, you'll still have to make a choice,"

"What choice?"

"More like an offer. My son, will you choose to hear to those weaklings lying on the floor, or will you choose your appa? Just to let you know, she's with me now," Taejoong walked over to Jaehi and patted her shoulder a bit.

"She's not. She's always with her friends. I will never join you appa. If you hurt her, I'm not thinking twice about killing you like how you did to eomma," he said in a low tone. The angels snapped their heads to him, startled by the way he was talking.

"That was an accident, Taehyung,"

"I know it was. It was because I chose to live as an angel and you used her to vent your anger, accidentally killing her. You don't have the right to determine what life I should choose appa," the angel said. Taejoong wasn't amused for sure. His expression darkened as he shouted.

"Then you shall join your mother in hell!" And with that, he possessed Jaehi fully by 'entering' her body. The angels ran behind V, cursing slowly when they saw what was happening. When Jaehi opened her eyes, they were the colour of Taejoong's, and so did her voice.