Chapter 28

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

Class 2-A1

It was the last day of school for the students of Collegium Magicus. The end of school today marked the start of their summer holiday, a long-awaited school break for them. Hayi and Jaehi waved goodbye to Haneul who went off for her last class of the day.

"I also need to go to my training," Hayi puffed her cheeks out and stood up, taking her Euthanasia. Her twin sister nodded and wished her luck. Hayi saw her twin's dampened spirit, so she smacked her arm playfully.

"Don't be too soulless, you've done this several times before. Fighting!" She fistpumped the air, causing Jaehi to smile a bit.

"Okay..."

"And also, you'll be leaving for Dreverie alone. So be careful okay? We'll meet at the house," she reminded and bid her farewell.

Shooting field

Jimin aimed at the target calmly. Slowly, he pulled the string of his Ballista, and released it, causing the white arrow to zoomed forward.

"10!" The coach said gleefully. The boy smiled his famous eye smile and bowed slightly at the couch. Sighing and giggling of the girls reached his ears, but he shrugged them off. Rather than those, his attention was on one particular girl, and she wasn't giggling.

"Yah! You could have give me a clap or something!" He shouted to Hayi, who was judging him hard. She rolled her eyes and made an unimpressed face. After a while, their training was done. The coach, once again, praised the Park partners for their outstanding performances.

"Imagine he knew we're practicing with killing people," the demon snickered at her own thought. Jimin and her were making their way to the bleachers. He scoffed.

"Me? Kill? It's only you, miss,"

"Whatever. You still shoot people," she retorted. He laughed as he sat down next to her. Their relationship was progressing, but not as strong as Seungjo and J-Hope's.

"So what's your plans for the holiday?" She asked him while passing him a bottle of water. He pursed his lips.

"Not sure... I heard the hyungs talking about going for a vacation or something though,"

"That's nice," she replied shortly.

"How about you?"

"Going to my family's vacation house with the others,"

"Woah, your family's?" He turned to look at her instantly. She nodded and said it was nothing big, just one of their previous houses that had been turned to a vacation house.

"Speaking of it, you never tell me much about your family apart from Jaehi," the angel spoke up. She was silent for a moment.

"To be honest, I don't know much about them either," her answer didn't really surprise him. V had told him about Jaehi's past, and he said that Hayi was very ill during her childhood. Now that he had heard her answer, he became more curious.

"What's the only thing you know?"

"My parents were among the members of Midnight Slayers. And we were taken in by them when I was seven," she replied. The angel smiled a bit.

"Is it weird if I say, I know a bit about your past?"

"Probably,"

"Well, V told me what Jaehi told him. Should I tell you about it?" He looked at her and she nodded. So he told her everything, about they were killed, and that she was terribly ill when that incident happened. She let out a small laugh.

"Knew it,"

"Huh?"

"That's what she told me too," she forced a smile. She admitted about being diagnosed with a serious sleeping disorder when she was a child. That was why she never really had the memory of being outside a hospital. If she did, she kept losing consciousness at home.

"Apparently I passed out when my parents were killed too," she said in a hushed tone. The boy smiled softly.

"It's sad to not remember what happened to your parents, but on a positive side, you never have to be sad about it," he said and looked at the girl.

"And also, I'm more than glad you're not suffering from the sickness anymore. So, enjoy the current moments. With me," he posed cutely while she cringed. In the end, they burst into laughter together.

Store room

V put down the box and sighed in relief. He was helping his karate coach to put away the equipments they had used for their training. He walked out of the room and was about to pass through the Counselling Room when...

CRASH!

He stopped short in his tracks when the glass window of the Counselling Room shattered. Trying his best to take a peek inside the room, he stood beside the now broken window. His eyes widened when he saw who was inside.

Jaehi, with her eyes shut tightly, was clenching her fists in frustration. The counsellor, Mrs. Do, held her shoulder gently and told her to calm down. He could see some other glass furnitures inside the room were also broken into pieces.

"It's okay, Jaehi. I'll set another appointment for you. As for today, we are done," the counsellor smiled at the sighing demon. She bowed and straight away went out of the room, completely oblivious of V's presence.

As soon as the girl was out of her sight, he went into the room, surprising Mrs. Do. He grinned innocently.

"Ah, it's you. What is it Taehyung?" She gestured for him to sit down. Without hesitant, he asked her about the girl. However, she wasn't really comfortable about telling it.

"Please, Mrs. Do. I'm one of her close friends," he half-lied. According to his logic, he is one of her close friend since she had told him about her past. The counsellor raised an eyebrow.

"Didn't know the Wrath is a close friend of her exact opposite, Patience. Which is you,"

"Odd things happen sometimes," he smiled sheepishly. Sighing deeply, she began to tell what she had been helping Jaehi with.

"Park Jaehi possesses an uncommon power that she keeps a secret, Doomsday. She uses her mind to control an invincible force. It's highly destructive, and sadly she can't control the power without harming anyone or anything,"

"Invincible force?" He asked and she nodded. He suddenly remembered the time when his left cheek were suddenly cut by a knife-like thing when he was 'stalking' her playing with Phoenix. So that's what it was, he thought.

"She had been meeting me since she first came to this school. I had been giving her counselling and training for her to control her power. So far, she hasn't succeed,"

"Why does she keep it a secret?"

"She had a past with it. When she was a kid, she accidentally killed someone with the power. She was furious because that person harrassed her twim sister, Park Hayi. Her anger got out of control, so did her power. What made her more remorseful is that, Hayi also got injured because of her," Mrs. Do explained grimly.

The angel didn't say anything. He finally understood why she wanted to keep it hidden. Despite being a demon and a professional assassin, she never want another innocent person to die in her hands. Especially the people she loves the most. Park Jaehi, there's still a lot about you that remains a mystery to me, V thought to himself.