Chapter 45

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

"Jaehi, can you hear my voice? Park Jaehi,"

Jaehi's eyes fluttered open slowly. She looked around. There were only darkness surrounding her.

"Jaehi,"

The voice again. She was trying to search for the owner but she couldn't see a thing. Suddenly, a few images of Taejoong mocking her and the footsteps and voices of her friends before she was possessed crossed her mind. She sighed, realizing her soul was 'chained' in her own body right now. The Jaehi out there wasn't her, it was Taejoong.

For a brief moment, she could overpower the 'chain' and became herself. Her eyes widened. Her friends, both the angels and the demons, were lying on the cold concrete, unconscious and trying hard to live. The only one standing was V, and a mildly injured Jungkook sitting next to him.

She was frustrated and mad. This wasn't what she had planned. She never planned on dragging all of the others into this, except for V. Just when she was about to say something to him, Taejoong 'chained' her again. Having no other choices, she tried to telepathy with the angel since he's a half-demon, and she was certain he telepathied her just now.

"V, if you hear me, please listen to me. I don't have much time. My energy is running out fast, and being possessed make it worse. You have to stop me. By killing me,"

"How the heck can I kill you? I have another plan. Jungkook can help you with his magic," he replied, sending a feeling of relief for Jaehi since he can actually telepathy like any demons.

"No. I want this to end, quickly and forever. You have to kill me in order to stop me. With your hidden true power,"

"I can't and I don't want to Jaehi. I'm gonna ask help from Jungkook instead. Without killing you,"

"V, you promised me to fight me with your true power. Now's the right time," Jaehi's voice dropped a bit. V bit his lips.

"We can do that another time. But not now,"

"Yes, we ought to do that now. Please, Taehyung. Keep your promise and fight me-" the telepathy stopped midway. The angel saw the girl's eye color changed again, signing Taejoong was back in action. He stood there, frozen and deep in thought. He finally decided to keep his promise, but altering it to not kill her.

At the same time, a very weak J-Hope suddenly had a quick premognition on the battle of the angel and demon. He saw that Jaehi will still be killed at the end of her duel with V, with him using his hidden power. He tugged on the hem of his pants lightly.

"V, don't. Jaehi, she will..." he looked into his eyes. Smiling a forced smile, he shook his head.

"I'm sorry hyung. I have to," he said sheepishly before closing his eyes. After a moment, his white right wing suddenly turned black, little by little. When he opened his eyes, his right eye was darker than usual, as if it was a black hole. The others watched in amusement at the half-angel and half-demon boy.

"Twilight Mist (see comment)," Jungkook breathed out.

"I'm sorry Jaehi, appa," he muttered slowly before charging for the demon. She did the same, and threw her fist to his lower abdomen, which he avoided briefly. He tried to kick her shin, but she moved out of his target immediately. He was pushed back a little when his hand made contact with her fist again.

He clenched on her fist, and his right eye gleamed. All of a sudden, a blackish shadow-like mist went up her arm to her eyes, blindfolding them. She couldn't see him. While she was 'blinded', he moved fast to various directions and attacked her. She managed to avoid some of them, but she was weakened pretty badly by his kicks.

Jaehi was furious. She waved her hand in anger and an invincible wind-like blow took place, banishing all of V's black mists. As soon as her sight was cleared up, she used Storm Rage to attack the angel. He was thrown back violently when a spark of her thunder hit the spot next to him.

When she was about to launch another attack, he wrapped himself within his black mist, before vanishing into thin air. The demon looked around, not knowing he was now standing very closely behind her. He kicked her side, causing her to drop onto the ground.

She couldn't see him and she kept getting attacked by him. Enraged with the fact, she used Doomsday to make herself vanished too. Noticing she was nowhere to be seen, V knew he had to reveal himself in order to keep the duel going. As soon as he did so, several knife-sharp forces stabbed his body parts. He almost collapsed due to the immense counter-attack.

Kneeled on the concrete, he held his hand up, creating a shadow of the girl. Since they were in a building, shadows couldn't be seen, but he needed her shadow for his plan. When it was completed, he 'froze' the shadow with his Twilight Mist. Along with the stoned shadow, Jaehi couldn't move too.

She tried to kick and squirm her way out of V's tight grip on her shadow. At last, she used Doomsday to break free from his shadow controlling power, before proceeding in banishing her own shadow. She was beyond mad right now. She showed no mercy towards him and kept attacking him violently with her power. V eventually coughed blood due to her attacks.

Seeing his hyung in a terrible condition, Jungkook was more than ready to use his magic. But he needed to follow V's order. At last, he shouted to him.

"Hyung! I'm going to use it now, I don't care! You're going to die at this rate!" His voice erupted. Looking up to the dark purple-haired boy weakly, he nodded. I need to finish this fast before the both of us reach our limit, V thought to himself. Jungkook closed his eyes, focusing his energy for the dangerous magic he never did before. The Spirit Ritual (see comment).

"Shriempa Avus (see comment)!" He shouted, and an interwoven golden glowing wave surrounded Jaehi's figure. At first, it was the deafening scream of the girl that came out, before it changed to that of Taejoong's. Slowly, his soul was sucked out of the girl's body with Jungkook's magic.

Seeing that, V held his hand up high, and a cloud of jet-black mist appeared in his palm. It was the ultimate move for Twilight Mist, a killing move. His plan was to kill Taejoong without killing Jaehi, that was why he needed Jungkook to help him with it. Even though he's his biological father, he had swore to get revenge for his mother's and Hayi and Jaehi's parents' death.

Despite his plan, Jaehi had another in her mind. She wanted to die. She wanted V to kill her along with Taejoong. So instead of letting him get out of her easily, she held onto him, countering Jungkook's magic. The angel's eyes widened when he realized what she was doing. And he was even more panicked when he saw V getting ready to aim at the both of them.

"Hyung, no! She was holding onto him!" He shouted to him. V was shocked when he realized that.

"Jaehi, let go of him and move away!" He yelled. But it was too late for her to run away, if she wanted to. His attack was fired, directly at the girl, who was in a more strategic spot instead of Taejoong. Her body jerked violently when the jet-black mist hit her heart, before she dropped onto the floor like a puppet without its strings.

Since both V and Jungkook were distracted by the fallen Jaehi, Taejoong used that chance to escape. Unfortunately for him, Haneul, who was watching everything while in pain, acted quickly and casted a paralyzing spell on him with her little energy. He dropped onto the floor, not moving, mad and scared.

"Thanks for everything you've given me appa. If there is anything," V said slowly to his father. And again, he used his power, but this time on his father, killing him like how he killed his mother long time ago. He then rushed to Jaehi, taking her limp body into his arms.

"Jaehi, wake up. Jaehi, Jaehi can you hear me? Open your eyes please," he pleaded desperately. Fingers trembling, he checked on her pulse. Silence. Jungkook approached him.

"Hyung? H...how is she?" He half-whispered. The angel turned to him, tears streaming down his cheeks. Shaking his head in denial, the two words that came out of his mouth made Jungkook's knees weak.

"She's dead,"