Chapter 27

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

Ylist Waterfall

Seungjo inhaled slowly and closed her eyes. She tried to focus on her surrounding, emptying her mind and breathe softly. The sounds of water splashing on the rock she was sitting and gushing below her provided peace to her mind.

Now that she was really into her meditation, she could feel and hear any signs of disturbance or presence. Everything was very serene and calming for the first hour. Her lips curved upwards a little. She liked it when she can meditate like this.

But suddenly, her ears caught a soft sound. Very soft. But it was getting louder. Immediately, she opened her eyes and caught the thing that was 'flying' towards her. It was a water bottle.

"Nice catch!"

The demon turned to the direction of the voice. Her annoyed expression softened when she saw J-Hope grinning at her. He was sitting on a tree branch.

"Yah, what do you think you're doing?!" She shouted, now standing on the big rock. He laughed, jumped down from his perching place and walked up to her. When he was close enough, she smirked and threw her kunai to him.

"What the..." He breathed and stepped aside to avoid it, causing him to lose his balance and fell into the water. She burst into laughter while he whined his heart out.

"That's for disturbing my meditation," she grinned before holding her hand out to help him up. He kept mutttering about how his back hurts and he was drenched.

"You'll get your payback later," he glared at the giggling girl. They sat at the riverbank while waiting for the angel to dry himself up. Seungjo took the bottle that he had thrown to her.

"Isn't this mine?"

"Yup. You left it at the practice room last time," he replied as he took his own bottle and gulped the content down.

"You're a really great shinobi," she spoke up and smiled at him. He furrowed his eyebrows, not getting it.

"When you came, I couldn't sense your presence at all. Except the bottle. You must have used a very high-skilled technique," she explained. He grinned and nodded. He told her he spent a whole year to master that skill.

"I rarely used it though. Only when doing my job or other necessary times,"

"I haven't used it for a long time since I learnt Yin Ambush," she tapped her chin lightly, remembering the time she mastered the invincibility technique.

"How do you know I'm here though?"

"I have my ways~" he sang out and laughed when she rolled her eyes. Since she kept pestering him to tell her how, he finally told her how did he knew her meditating place.

"I was training in the woods one day. And it wasn't that far away from here, and I heard the sound of a katana. So I checked it out and saw you,"

"Ah, that day,"

"And I assumed you came here every weekend. Turns out I'm right," he smiled while the demon laughed. They continued to chat about school, practice and a few random things. Their friendship had got stronger until now. While their other friends were being skeptical about each other, they seemed to be in their own world most of the time.

"I've always wondered where you got your katana from," Seungjo placed her hand on the angel's katana carefully, not wanting to leave any scratch on the blade.

"It's a family heritage. It was passed down to the son of each generation of my family. The current wielder is me," he explained briefly and asked her about hers.