Chapter 43

Somewhere in Veridia, the day of Jaehi's kidnapping

The demon's eyes fluttered open slowly. She finally regained consciousness from the strong drug the men in black injected into her body. She looked around to see she was in an abandoned building, and was tied to a chair in the middle of the dark room.

From the view outside, she was sure the building was a tall one with many levels, her being on the highest. She snapped her head to the front when she heard footsteps echoing through the vacant space. Her eyes pierced at the figure approaching her.

"Kim Taejoong," she scoffed. The hunched demon stood in front of her. They didn't exchange any word after the girl acknowledged him. But then he let out a laugh.

"What an honour to meet you, Park Jaehi,"

"Skip the introduction. I know you're not here for nothing," she spat out. He didn't reply to her but kept staring into her eyes, as if he was trying to see through it. After a while, he broke eye contact and shrugged.

"It's no use. Your mind is more than stable right now,"

"So that's why you're called the Berserk Possessor in Midnight Slayer," she said slowly, finally understanding the codename bestowed to him. He smiled wryly.

"The stability won't last long. That Wrath of yours will be unleashed very soon, Park Jaehi,"

3 days after the kidnapping

Taejoong was looking out the window as usual, with Jaehi still tied to the chair, trying to be very calm and quiet. Suddenly he laughed out loud.

"Three days and no sign of your friends. What a pity, they must've forgot about you," he mocked the girl. She scoffed.

"You're waiting for my friends? Well, sorry to say but they won't come. At least not as the first guest,"

"It looks like you're expecting someone else, miss. A knight in shining armor perhaps?" He walked up to her with his hands on his back. She didn't reply to him, wanting to listen more to what he wanted to say.

"I assume it's my dearest angel son you're waiting for to come," he smiled a winning smile when she gave him another silence, signing he was right.

"For sure, Park Jaehi, my son has lost his heart to you. And knowing him, he will surely come to save you with those friends of his. I wonder if he will choose his father over a love interest,"

"Taehyung? Listen to you? Heh, dream on," she sneered. He snapped his head to her direction before carving the psychopathic smile again.

"We'll see how this goes on," he went over to the window again before laughing softly. His eyes were fixed to the ground level of the building.

"Because your friends arrived first,"

"What?!" Jaehi couldn't believe her ears. She didn't believe him until her friends' voice broke the silence of the building, calling for her name. Fools, why did you come first?! She thought to herself.

"Leave them alone. It's me who you need,"

"Yes, that's true. But do you think the spider will let its side meal fly away when they're stuck on its web, even though it already have the main course?" He laughed maniacally.

"Just fucking leave them alone bastard," she hissed. He walked up to her, smirking.

"Look at you. You witnessed you parent's death. Now you'll witness your dearest friends and sister die. How pitiful..."

"Lay a finger on them and I'll kill you with my own hands!" She shouted and used her power to break free from the ropes that had been binding her hands. A devious smile crept up Taejoong's face.