Chapter 8

Somewhere in Veridia
0130 hours

Jack stepped out from the elevator along with his two bodyguards. He made his way through a tunnel that lead to a door. When he stood in front of it, laser beams scanned his eyes, face and fingerprint. A green light flashed, permitting entrance.

Inside, it was an office—three times bigger than Jack's—with an old but sturdy looking man, sitting with his back facing Jack. The Prowling Hyena greeted him.

"You're late,"

"I'm sorry, Master. Things just got really exciting," Jack smiled and flipped through his papers.

"Today's event confirms that Black Lily and the Prime Knights know each other in school, but not as who they really are. They merely know each other as common students. And rivals.

They also have other friends. Lee Chaeyoung, the Fairy Princess and Lee Hyunsoo, her Royal Knight. Both of them, too, are unaware of their friends' real identity,"

"Princess... Titania's Bloodline, huh?" The Master, who had been listening attentively to Jack, spoke up. Jack hummed, his cynical smile always visible. Even without facing him, Jack knew the Master was grinning.

"Shall we add a new pawn to this game then?" The Master threw a dart to a photograph of Chaeyoung on his board, smiling with her friends.

Collegium Magicus, School's Park
1000 hours

Chaeyoung laughed at the annoyed looking demons in front of her. When she finally stop, she turned to Haneul and Hyerin.

"So? How was it?"

"Creepy," Hyerin said.

"But cool," Haneul answered quietly. Seungjo groaned.

"Their innocent eyes! Those perverts, ugh!"

"I don't think they're that innocent," Saejin retorted, to which Hyerin pointed at the oblivious Haneul quickly.

Flashback, last night...

Haneul walked alongside Hyerin, chatting about random stuffs. They were on their way back from the school's library (they broke into it, it's closed at night). It was a breezy and peaceful night. Hyerin was telling her 'bonding' session story with a tanuki to Haneul...

"And then I- Umph!" ...when someone gagged Hyerin's mouth. Haneul was shocked but was gagged herself when she tried to cast a spell. And both of them were put to sleep before any one could telepathy to the others.

Their hooded captors brought them to, of all places, the angels' dorm. Five of them snapped to the girls, who were being held by Jimin and V, now with their hoods off. Their jaws dropped open.

"You guys're not kidding," Jungkook breathed. The duo laughed, satisfied.

"Of course we aren't! Let's taste the sweetness of revenge!" V cheered triumphantly. Suga shook his head, dumbfounded. It took the demons a few minutes to come back to their senses. Squinting, Hyerin looked around her. Her eyes went wide a few moments later.

"Crap..." She whispered.

"Has this happened before? I feel like it's a deja vu," Haneul asked quietly. Jimin—now shirtless—bent down to answer her question. Being so close to a guy, she gulped, a faint blush crossed her face.

"Kinda. The only difference now, the victims are you," he smirked. Now that the girls noticed it, all of them (except for Suga, he don't give two fucks), were shirtless.

"Damn, abs and biceps," Haneul felt her breath hitched. On the other hand, Hyerin was busy telepathing with the others, frantically telling them the situation.