Chapter 18

Collegium Magicus, Class 2-A2

It was sunny and bright outside. Saejin, whose seat was next to the glass window of her class, shielded her eyes using her Earth Science notebook. Her gaze shifted to the sullen looking girl in front of her as she tried to suppress her laughter.

Despite the warm weather outside, Seungjo had her own thunderstorm cloud right on top of her head. At least that was what Hyerin imagined of. She didn't tell her about it though.

"I wouldn't want that thunderstorm cloud to generate any thunder and struck the hell out of me," she shuddered after she told her thought out loud to Saejin. Haeyeon, Seungjo's seatmate, hadn't take the initiative to start a conversation either.

When Seungjo came back from her patrol—badly wounded and damn angry—last night, her friends were too shocked to say anything. Thanks to V's healing ability, J-Hope and her weren't suffering too much. The missing student wasn't found after he ran away, even after a major search party was sent out in the woods.

Cafeteria

The seven demons walked together to their usual spot. Except for a moody Seungjo, the others were talking about some random stuffs.

"Jo, stop being like this," Jaehi spoke up as they ate their foods.

"Yeah, it feels off since you're usually the chatter bird," Hayi chimed in. The tomboyish demon sighed deeply and smiled a bit.

"Sorry. What do you want to talk about?"

"Get us into the details from last night. If it makes you feel better," Haeyeon suggested. There was a moment of tensed silence before Seungjo told them about the incident.

"Nothing much happened at the start, we were patrolling as usual. Then J-Hope got a call from Jin telling him about that student. We split up, and I was caught off guard when he attacked me. There was something really wrong with him though,"

"What was it?" Hyerin asked.

"He didn't look like he was using his energy at all. At least it wasn't what someone who was fighting would look like. Anyway, I was too distracted by my thoughts..."

"...and he got the chance to overpower you," Saejin interrupted. Seungjo nodded.

"After he wounded you, your knight in shining armor came to the rescue," Haneul added, making her choked on her drink.

"The hell... He's a Prime Knight, not my knight in shining armor,"

"Because you're the only one who take the friendship thing seriously," Hyerin grinned as the others laughed. She rolled her eyes upon her statement.

"Just because I take it seriously, it doesn't mean I'm head over heels for him," she cleared up. Just then, Haeyeon got a call from Chaeyoung. Her eyes went wide when.

"You found him?"

Student Council Room

The gumiho was confused and terrified. If waking up in the middle of the woods with the whole Student Council and Disciplinary Commitee wasn't enough, here stood the Seven Deadly Sins in front of him. And Seungjo didn't need to say a word to let him know that she was fucking mad.

"What do you mean you don't remember what happened?" Hayi raised her eyebrow. He shook his head quickly.

"I really don't, I'm being honest! Please believe me!"

"Then why the fuck are you in the middle of the woods?" Haeyeon attacked.

"I...I don't know! I swear, I was 100% conscious while walking to my bed after brushing my teeth, lying down on it and drifting off to sleep. Ask...ask my bedmate! He even bid me goodnight,"

"We did that. But after half an hour, he told us you had vanished into thin air," Hyerin sighed.

"I...I swear, I don't remember what happened after that," he looked down. His hands were shivering like crazy. Haneul walked up to him, slightly touched his forehead and recited a spell with her eyes closed.

"A new magic?" Jaehi asked. Saejin nodded.

"She just learnt that. It can be used to access someone's memory," she explained. After a while, Haneul turned to them. She shook her head slowly.

"Nothing. He's not lying," she confirmed. Seungjo clenched her fists. She scoffed.

"Do you want to know what actually happened last night?" Her eyes pierced the gumiho's, and her vojce deadly. It took him a while to nod. She stood in front of him.

"You attacked me. To be more exact, you kicked me hard on my fucking chest, knocked my fucking katana off my hand, slashed my fucking arm and leg, and kicked my fucking exquisitely rare katana like a mere training sword," she tried to hold in her anger with every words. The student gulped.

"I'm-"

"I'm not finished. See this cuts?" Her fingers trailed to the cuts on his cheek and shoulder.

"Congratulations, you just got two shuriken cuts by Jung Hoseok, one of the Seven Heavenly Virtues. Proud? Not yet. You fucking stabbed his shoulder with that fucking dagger of yours," she finished. Now that drove the boy insane. He actually attacked two of the most feared and respected figures in the school.

"But I don't know why! I don't remember about it at all! I swear! Please believe me, please!" He begged as he started to cry in horrid. He even took Seungjo's hands and held them tightly.

"Please... Please believe me," he sobbed. Haeyeon sighed and took his hands off Seungjo's, because she saw that the girl was going to explode into rage in any minute.

"Look, we're not going to do anything okay? We're just asking. Seungjo's just furious as hell. Heck, who wouldn't? I'm asking this one more time, do you really don't remember about this?" Haeyeon questioned, and he shook his head.

"Not even a single thing?" She asked again. This time, he looked up to her, and with a fearful look in his eyes, he shook quickly.

"I swear," he said with a small voice. With that, the demons walked out of the room and headed for their classes. None of them had a reason to speak up. They were speechless and perplexed.

"Maybe we were right after all," Seungjo broke the thoughtful silence. The other demons turned to her.

"We who? Right what?" Hyerin asked.

"J-Hope and I had the same thing in our mind after he ran away after attacking us yesterday," she paused.

"There was something, or someone, that was controlling or possessing his mind," she said firmly.