Chapter 35

Demon Dormitory (Girls)

The girls slumped on their couch in the living room, a few lying on the soft rug. They had just finished practicing. Even though they were tired, their mood showed the exact opposite.

"And then I told him that he's a pervert. Like seriously!" They laughed as Hayi complaint about Jimin and his song choice.

"I exposed Suga today, hah!" Haeyeon flipped her hair proudly. They asked her what happened, and she told them about how he recorded her singing voice in his phone.

"Pft, you do it too, don't you?" Saejin burst into laughter when the latter's face went red in embarrassment.

"I almost lost my lunchbox for laughing at Jin's traffic dance," the arctic-haired girl giggled, remembering how she had fought for the lunchbox. Haneul, who was hugging a pillow, suddenly let out a smile.

"I guess things went well for me today," she muttered softly. Hyerin heard her and curved a sly grin.

"I saw what happened~ Hands on his chest? And you're so talkative with him!" She nudged the now blushing girl. She then laughed her heart out, even clutching her stomach.

"Meanwhile Rapmon and I were roaring at each other because of our singing voice," she wiped the tears that started to fall from her eyes. Jaehi didn't join the conversation and had her eyes fixed on the television.

BANG!

The demons snapped their heads to the sound and saw Seungjo, obliviously very furious, walking into their dorm and straight away sank onto one of the beanbag couch. While Jaehi ignored her anger, the five others were looking at each other.

"Uh... How was practice Jo?" Haeyeon spoke up carefully. Hearing the word 'practice', the tomboyish demon groaned in frustration and threw her cap onto the floor.

"I swear I'm gonna slash that angel with my katana! Oh my fucking god I'm beyond pissed!" She almost shouted. The others blinked their eyes in disbelief. Seungjo and J-Hope? Arguing?

"You two fought?" Hyerin asked for confirmation.

"If there's another term for that, I'll take the worst one," she mumbled, arms crossed and eyes on the television, trying to distract herself from the thought of the angel glaring at her and her shouting at him.

"Care to share what happened?" Saejin chimed. Sighing deeply, Seungjo began to tell what had happened during their practice. As she had expected, the other five girls were giggling and laughing softly at her.

"It's a small matter Jo, don't worry much!" Haeyeon assured her. She patted the pouting demon's back. Haneul hummed and smiled.

"You guys will be okay in no time, trust me," Hayi grinned. Just when Seungjo was about to carve a small smile, finally feeling a bit better, Jaehi sneered.

"That's good. Actually I've never agreed with befriending them. You know how I was before. I'm just going with the flow to be honest," she let it out so casually, causing everyone to turned to her wide-eyed.

"Now that you mentioned it..." Seungjo's voice trailed off, getting to Jaehi's side. She didn't stay to hear the rest of her words. Instead, she just walked off to her room and closed the door shut.

"Yah, Seungjo, don't listen to her. Trust us, you guys are gonna be fine," Hayi quickly spoke up, trying to change the demon's mind about the angels. She hummed boredly.

"I'll see what'll happened," she shrugged Haeyeon's hand off her back and dragged herself to her room. The five speechless girls were left hanging by their two suddenly acting-weird friends.

The next day...

J-Hope messed his hair in complete frustration. His white school uniform was drenched in sweat. He hadn't stop running and flying around the school compound today. Even ditched a few classes. Just for one purpose. To search for an absent Seungjo.

He knew she wasn't really absent. She was just skipping school. The first place he went to was the demon's dorm. Eventually managed to beg the girls for their permission, he flew to the dormitory building. But she wasn't there.

The next spot he guessed was the waterfall where she always practice and meditate. Still, no sign of the tomboy demon. He almost gave up after he searched for her in a few other places.

Deciding to distract himself with practicing, he made his way to the practice room sluggishly. His eyes lit up when he heard a familiar song.

"Busta Rhymes Break Ya Neck," the song title crossed his lips. He ran towards the practice room from where the song was playing and saw Seungjo. She was dancing to the choreography of that song. She stopped dancing when he walked into the room.

"Hey," she greeted awkwardly. He froze on his spot, suddenly not knowing what to say to her. She stiffled a laugh and walked up to him, facing him. She fake coughed.

"I'm sorry for my ego. Hell, it can be really high sometimes, I'm shook of myself," she rubbed the back of her neck. The boy smiled softly and grinned.

"And I'm sorry for not listening to your opinion. I even dragged your trait along," he sighed. When he held out his hand, she smiled and took it into hers. The handshake soon turned into their signature fistbump.

"So you ditched classes? Just to find me? Dang, I'm touched," she laughed when he admitted what he had done.

"You better be thankful I'm like this," he chuckled. He then played the song again for them to practice together. The demon was ready to hit the original choreo of the song when the boy spoke up.

"Let's mix both choreos. Yours and mine," he looked at her and smiled gently. Her face beamed as she grinned.

"Sure thing!"

Demon Dormitory (Girls)
2220 hours

"And so we made a few addition and changes here and there. I must say it's pretty lit," Seungjo ended her story. Her friends cooed at the bittersweet love story.

"I guess first place is out of my league now," Haeyeon raised her palms in the air, laughing teasingly.

"I'll try to convince Rapmon we are 7th among us," Hyerin shook her head and faked an annoyed groan. There were only six people in the living room. And of course, the missing member was Jaehi. Hayi let out a sigh.

"You okay?" Haneul turned to her. The older Park twin shrugged.

"It's Jaehi..."

"Yeah, I noticed she had been a bit off lately," Saejin voiced out her concern. The latter nodded.

"I'm kinda sure it's because of the past. She had a dream last night and she kept mentioning eomma and appa," she let out with a heavy heart. The others were silent, letting the black-haired girl pouring her feelings out.

"I'm just worried she'll be like that again,"

"You mean, the thing that happened after the killing incident?" Seungjo asked softly. She nodded.

"Did I missed something?" Haeyeon looked up.

"Oh yeah, you were in class when she told us about it," Hyerin tapped her chin lightly.

"Jaehi wasn't like that from the start. She has always been a cheerful and bubbly girl like me, like you guys. Until that tragedy happened. She just... Changed," Hayi's face fell. Haneul took over in explaining.

"Hayi told us she lost her positive attitude. She never smile much. She didn't talk to people like she used to. She locked herself in her room and didn't come out for meals at all,"

"I lost hope in trying. Until something happened that made her change a bit. But I don't remember what was it," the older twin concluded. A hushed silence fell over the living room, until Saejin let out a deep sigh.

"Let's be here for each other, yeah?" She forced a smile. They looked at each other and nodded.