Chapter 24

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

Cafeteria

"Can someone tell me why the fuck are we eating with them?" Jaehi glared at the angels sitting opposite of her.

"Because Chaeyoung and Hyunsoo wanted to discuss something with us," Haneul murmured, staring at her iced lemon tea boredly.

"Where are the both of them then, geez..." Haeyeon grumbled as she looked around to search for them. In contrast to the trio's dark expression, Seungjo, Hayi, Hyerin and Saejin were having no problem chatting with the boys. After a while, the fairies joined them and apologised for being late.

"We were doing some reports on a missing student. Again," Hyunsoo sighed. Upon his words, Hayi and Jimin looked at each other.

"By any chance, is the missing student a girl? If I'm not mistaken, she's a gumiho," he asked the Vice President carefully. Raising his eyebrow, he nodded.

"How did you know?"

"Well, actually..." He paused and turned to Hayi, telling her to continue.

"We were attacked last night while we were on patrol," she said in a hushed tone. The several pairs of eyes at the table turned wide at the shocking news.

"Details please," Saejin inquired. The Park partners took turn in telling their puzzling and quite shocking incident, not leaving out on all the details of how the girl's expression was, her weapon and what she did to the demon.

"So that's why you had a bandage around your thigh," Hyerin glanced at her friend's covered wound. She nodded.

"I can't confirm this yet, but I'm 99% sure she's the missing student we had reported about," Chaeyoung frowned.

"Any clue on how we could trace her?" She continued. Jimin hummed and snapped his fingers.

"Now that you mention it... When she attacked Hayi, I shot her leg to stop her from doing anything further,"

"Oh yeah... But she didn't show any sign of limping. She ran away into the woods after being shot," the demon clenched her fist, clearly annoyed. Rapmon tapped the table with his fingers, thinking of something.

"Maybe... J-Hope, you told us that you and Seungjo suspected your attacker was being controlled by someone, didn't you?" He eyed the both of them, and they nodded in response.

"I guess, the same goes with this girl? She wasn't controlling herself, so she couldn't feel the pain," Jin correctly figured out what Rapmon was thinking when the silver haired boy gave him a nod. Jungkook pursed his lips.

"It's something possible with magic. Or if that controller has the exact power to do so," he mumbled. The table fell into a deep silence as everyone was thinking hard about the incidents. V sighed.

"Guess we have to wait for this girl to be found and questioned her thoroughly then,"

"It's no use. The last attacker didn't remember a single bit about what had happened," Seungjo crossed her arms, still unsatisfied at the interrogation memory.

"Let's just try our luck this time round," Suga decided. The others soon nodded, agreeing with him. Hyunsoo and Chaeyoung promised to keep them updated about the missing student, and will try their best to find her before anything worse happened.

Shooting Field, the next day

"Alright, that's it for today's practice! As usual, the best archer for the Boys Team is Park Jimin, and vice versa is Park Hayi. Congratulations!" The coach beamed at the both of them.