Epilogue III

Jaehi was in a coma for a few weeks after the incident. At one point, Hayi had almost gave up in waiting for her to wake up, but her friends kept her will strong. Almost a mont had past and the demon hadn't woke up yet, so Junhoe proposed a plan.

She was soon discharged from the hospital, even though she was still in a coma. The demons brought her to the Park vacation house and let her rest there. Junhoe said it was because the angels were hospitalized in the same hospital, and he didn't want Jaehi to blame herself for what happened, especially to V.

After a few days, Jaehi woke up from her long sleep at her old home. She was alone though, since Junhoe knew she wouldn't want to see them in the current situation. He just kept a watchful eye on her from afar.

For the first week of her recovery days, she didn't want to know or think of anything from the outside. She did miss her dear friends and the seven angels, but she hid it.

One day, she went to visit her parents' graves by herself. She bent down to place two bouquets of flowers in front of their tombstones.

"Eomma, appa, I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit until now. I was sure he sent his men to keep an eye here too. But he's gone now, so there's nothing left for you to worry about me and Hayi," she smiled a little, before it faltered.

"But I still don't feel happy. You know why? Because I thought I was strong enough to protect Hayi and my friends, but I ended up hurting them. One of them is this boy who likes me. I'm so mean to him... I used him to make my plan work, but he sacrificed himself to save me instead.

I don't know if he's alive or not, but he should've come here to find me if he is. Maybe he..." she stopped talking, negative thoughts rushing through her mind. She shook her head to get rid of them quickly. She sighed, her eyes brimmed with tears.

"Eomma, appa, what should I do now? I keep running away from everything," she wept her tears away and went home. That night, she was spacing out from her porch, when a familiar voice broke the silence.

"Jaehi," it said. The girl turned around immediately, her expression was a mix of glad, sad and mad. She plastered a small smile.

"You're alive. That's good," she blurted out and tried to make her way into her house quickly. V blocked her way, and she glared at him.

"I know you have a lot to say to me," he smiled softly. She crossed her arms and told him she had nothing to say to him.

"Now that I know you're alive, you don't have to come again. I might run away to somewhere else if you do to be frank," she looked away. He laughed softly.

"Then I'll keep searching for you," he suddenly picked her up from her wheelchair and brought her to her room. She was literally shoutimg for him to put her down. He did put her down, on ber bed. She gritted her teeth.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Making sure you're safe and sound. It's dangerous at night. Plus, you can't walk for now,"

"I can take care of myself even with this condition. Now will you leave?"

"Okay, I'll take my leave. But I'll come again tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, the next," he counted with his fingers. The demon groaned in annoyance. He grinned.

"Unless you promise me to go back to school. Everyone's waiting for you,"

"So that's your purpose for coming? I can't face everyone yet, V," she sighed. He shrugged.

"Then come back when you're ready. But just promise me you will. Say it like this. I, Park Jaehi, promise to-"

"Fine, I promise! Now get lost," she pointed to the door.