Chapter 20

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

School Library
0000 hours

Hyerin jotted down all the notes she managed to revise in her notebook neatly. Finally finished, she put all her books away and returned the revision books to their shelves. She gasped when she glanced at the big grandfather clock.

"Shit, I'm late for patrol!" She rushed out of the library to the school's main gate. She could see Rapmon sitting in front of it from a distance. He turned to her when she landed clumsily on the ground, panting and all.

"How many minutes?"

"Huh?" He asked, taking his earphone out from his left ear.

"I'm late... Right?"

"Oh, yeah. Uh, 15 minutes?" He checked his watch. She sighed deeply and muttered a sorry. Shrugging the matter off, he stood up and they walked into the woods.

"Why are you late anyway?"

"It's...nothing,"

"Okay, suit yourself," he shrugged. A moment of hushed silence fell before the demon broke it.

"What are you listening to just now?" She asked quietly. He raised his eyebrow and looked around.

"Are you talking to me?" He pointed to himself.

"Tsk, this punk..." She glared, making the angel laughed. He showed her his phone, which showed a playlist of several songs, both slow and upbeat.

"What's that for?"

"Our song for the competition. I planned on writing my own song but-"

"You write songs?" She cut him short. The boy nodded and told her about his passion in music. He also went on about his friends' enthusiasm in the same field, be it dancing, singing, rapping or song writing. She stared at him in awe all the time he talked.

"We even dreamt of becoming a boy band. Frankly speaking, that was our first thought about this competition," he admitted.

"True. My friends and I were thinking about the same thing before we got assigned in pairs," she nodded, aggreing with what he said. Their conversation became more comfortable and relaxing as time past. Apart from her close circle of friends, Rapmon is the only guy she actually felt secured to open her heart to.

"I know what Seungjo feels now," she muttered under her breath.

"What?"

"Nothing, just talking to myself," she smiled sheepishly. She looked down and saw her white taekwondo pants. As if on cue, her mind remembered something that she wanted to ask him about.

"Why did you texted me to wear this pants?" She turned to him and glanced at his own taekwondo pants. He laughed a little while rubbing the back of his neck shyly.

"It's...nothing much. I was just worried," he said airily. The girl raised her eyebrow, demanding further explanation.

"The incident of J-Hope and Seungjo a few days back. I couldn't stop thinking about it. In their case, they had their ninja suits on. So I thought, if we wear this, maybe we could put up a defence at least," he explained. She giggled at his reasoning.

"Well, thanks for worrying about me, Kim Namjoon," she said in a rather teasing way. He rolled his eyes playfully.

"I could care less about you. I'm worried of myself," he laughed before it turned to a series of whine as the girl smacked his arms repeatedly. They continued the patrol for some time until it was finally 2 o'clock. Seeing nothing suspicious or getting reports, they decided to head back and get some sleep for school.