Chapter 38

Collegium Magicus, Demon Dormitory (Girls)

Jaehi hugged her pillow tighter. She was awake but she didn't want to get up. The exam week was over, so she was planning to skip school for today. Moreover, she already had a plan in her mind.

"As usual lil sis?" Hayi suddenly jumped onto her bed. She grinned cheekily when the younger twin smiled a little.

"Let's go somewhere. I have an idea on how to cheer you up," Hayi's eyes lit up as she told her twin about her idea. Nodding slowly, Jaehi was soon following her sister silently from behind.

Basketball Court

Yebin gritted her teeth in pain and anger when Jaehi grabbed on her uniform's collar.

"What is this... A lowly 1st Year talking shit about us?" She sneered. The tanuki's sharp eyes pierced into hers as she spoke.

"What shit? What we were talking about is true!" She raised her voice, causing Jaehi to push her back onto the basketball pole roughly. She winced in pain.

"Haven't anyone told you to not question what we do?" She hissed. Hayi, who was crouching between two other 1st Years on the floor, scoffed.

"Even raising voices at us. Crazy," she murmured. One of the lying students glared at the older twin.

"The seven of you are filthy low-classes creatures compared to us!" She shouted. Hayi wasn't impressed at all. She got up and kicked the girl hard on her stomach.

"Don't know who we are, don't fucking mess with our status," she warned before walking out of the court with Jaehi, leaving the injured girls behind. Yebin clenched her fists and dialled a number.

"Unnie?"

An apartment in Fairgrasp

Junhoe was tapping on the keyboard non-stop for now, his eyes never leaving the screen on his computer. Jaehi was beside him, eyeing the screen as well. She let out a little smile.

"It has been years since I see you doing this stuff oppa,"

"I know you missed me but doesn't mean you have to skip school," he joked. Koo Junhoe, a demon older by two years from Jaehi, is a sort of her private detective. He had been helping her on finding informations about her parents' killer.

"So from what we gathered so far, we do know who the killer is..."

"But the name is fake. All the info are fake," the demon girl muttered. He nodded in agreement.

"About him being in Midnight Slayer is true though. But we never know each other. We've only talked with Jack," she continued. So their mission today was to did a background check on him. Research after research preceeded, and they finally found what they were looking for.

"Is he really not married?" She asked in doubt. So to confirm the piece of information, she went to the neighbourhood of the killer's last home and asked around. Sure enough, the info was fake again.

"I saw him with an angel before. I'm pretty convinced she was her wife. But only once because he moved out the very night," one of the elderly told Jaehi. She thanked him and called Junhoe to ask him about it.

"According to what I found in the deeper webs, he really was married but it's not registered. And yes, the woman is an angel," he said.

"Probably why he moved out from here. To make sure no one knows he married and angel," she looked around the demons' neighnourhood.

"Dang, I found something. He even has a son!" He exclaimed, causing her eyes to widen in shock and satisfaction for the new information.

"Who's the son?"