Chapter 17

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

Veridia, Ylist Woods
2350 hours

J-Hope looked around nervously. He glanced back quickly to see the majestic looking gate of Collegium Magicus behind him. He was supposed to patrol with Seungjo, but she was nowhere to be seen. Assuming she never decided to come, he went first. Only to regret it a while later.

"Geez... This woods is freaking creepy in the morning, what to say at night?" He murmured to himself. Nevertheless, he dragged his feet soullessly into the thick woods. Lucky for him, the moon was shining brightly that night, so it wasn't too dark.

"That sneaky rat... Just a week ago, she was being all friendly and chattery with me. And to know that she wasn't acting... Heavens, I'm really-"

"BOO!"

"AHHHH!!! OHMYGODMYHEARTEU!" J-Hope screamed, terrified. Seungjo, who was hanging upside down from a tree branch, laughed her heart out at the spooked angel. He groaned in embarassment and annoyance.

"What the actual fuck... Hyun Seungjo!"

"Sorry!" She said in between her laughters. Jumping down from the tree branch, she grinned at the sulky boy.

"Aww, come on. It's not that bad a scare. You're just a scaredy cat,"

"Whatever..." He mumbled before walking off, leaving the triumphant demon behind. She trotted next to him giddily, still saying an apology. If he was being honest, he wasn't that mad. In fact, he was relieved because he wasn't alone now.

"So you planned this from the start?"

"Yup! I know you'll take that I'm not interested in patrolling, so you'll leave on your own. I was sitting on that branch since 11," she explained.

"I really thought you won't come though," he smiled sheepishly.

"Why would I ditch a friend?" She answered casually, which brought to the angel's amusement. He looked around to see if Chaeyoung or Hyunsoo were around. But there didn't seem to be any walking figure other than them.

"You don't have to act friendly with me. Chaeyoung and Hyunsoo aren't here," he looked back to the girl. She blinked a few times in confusion.

"You're still thinking I'm acting? I thought I cleared up to you that night at the party," she paused before standing in front of J-Hope. Her face lit up happily.

"Chaeyoung and Hyunsoo wanted us to be friends. So let's be one!" She grinned as she helf her hand out for the puzzled angel to shake. He sighed deeply. It's either she's really good in acting or she's really dumb, he thought. Despite his doubt, he shook her hand and carved a small smile.

"Sure, if you insist," he said softly. For some times, the two of them were chattering and laughing about a lot of stuffs. They were surprised on how they actually have a lot in common. Apart from being skillful shinobi and ninja, their hobbies and interests always match greatly.

"You love to dance? Me too!" Seungjo clapped her hands excitedly. She told him that she wasn't that great a dancer, but often she would download dance tutorials to try.

"I'm sure you're on a whole new level compared to me. Hyunsoo showed me your audition video," she continued.

"He did?"

"Back when I was furious to be paired up with you. But you amazed me even then," she admitted. He let out a laugh and denied humbly.

"It wasn't anything cool. You should see Jimin and Jungkook's,"