Chapter 46

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

Jungkook didn't believe what V said. He froze in his spot for a few more moments before he walked over to Jaehi's limp body and placed her fingers on her pulse. No signs of living. She really was dead. V looked at the boy's emotionless face and knew he wasn't dreaming about her death.

"Jaehi... Jaehi, wake up. You're just sleeping right? You just passed out, you will wake up again. Wake up now, Jaehi," he shook her body, his tears unstoppable. Jungkook bit his lips and closed his eyes, trying to hold back his own tears.

"Yah, why did you stand there?! You could have avoid it but why Jaehi?! I told you to move a split second before it hit you and you could've made it!"

"Hyung, it's not your fault-"

"It is! It is my fault! I was trying to save her but I... I killed her instead... I killed her Jungkook..." he looked up to the purple haired boy, his eyes swelled with tears. He brought the demon's lifeless body closer to his and sobbed harder. Hayi and Jimin, who were still conscious despite their injuries, slowly made their way to V's side.

"Jaehi... Jaehi, wake up!" Hayi grabbed her twin's shoulders and shook them hard. She buried her face into the crook of her neck and cried loudly. Jimin hung his head low, his hand wrapped gently around the crying girl's shoulder.

Haeyeon and Haneul weren't unconscious, but one was paralyzed and one was suffering a third degree burn. The others passed out, Saejin due to the loss of blood, Hyerin and Seungjo from their broken ribs. Hayi probably suffered a few broken bones too, but her will to see her twin overcame the pain.

As for the angels, Suga, Rapmon and Jin were unconscious due to loss of blood. J-Hope was breathing but heavily, his waist up having a few broken bones. V and Jungkook were full of cuts and bruises, and Jimin's wings and shoulders were injured from his own arrows.

The air was slumber, everyone was mourning and crying and shook over Jaehi's unexpected death. The conscious ones turned thier head to a sudden approaching guy. His footsteps were heavy, and his eyes were red, as if he just finished crying.

"Oppa..." Hayi sniffled. The angels looked at her then to Junhoe, not expecting them to know each other well. Junhoe smiled bitterly as he knelt down beside Jaehi.

"Somehow, it was your stupid plan that succeeded," he said in a hushed tone. The four looked at each other with a frown.

"What plan? What do you mean?" V asked.

"What plan oppa? What else is she hiding from me? Why didn't I know about my own family?" Hayi blurted out as she wiped her tears with the back of her hand. Junhoe sighed deeply.

"This. Everything that happened was part of her plan. She knew Taejoong will kidnap her and use her power to gain control over you guys. She knew V will have to use his hidden power to kill Taejoong. It looked like it will fail when Jungkook helped to separate their souls apart, but she made it by clinging onto Taejoong's body," he explained, his eyes wavered from Jaehi to a dead Taejoong.

"She...planned to kill herself from the start?" Hayi began to burst into tears again when Junhoe nodded slowly. The others were shocked. Really shocked.

"How did you know what she planned?" V half whispered, his energy gone with his injuries and tears.

"I'm her partner in crime. The investigations, the plans, we thought about it together,"

"Then why didn't you stop her?"

"I did. Trust me, I did even to the last day we met. But she was too stubborn and determined to be killed as long as she doesn't have to sacrifice another life," the demon boy answered calmly. But V wasn't satisfied yet.