Chapter 42

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

Collegium Magicus, a day after Jaehi's kidnapping
0800 hours

The demons were worked up and worried as hell. They even asked Chaeyoung to grant them permission to go to class late. The fairy agreed immediately and she herself went with the demons' decision.

Jaehi didn't come back after her patrol last night. Her bed was made and neat, no signs of her sleeping on it at all. But her stuffs were left untouched, which gave them a clue that she wasn't planning to go anywhere.

"But then again, she is always up to something without prior notice," Haeyeon sighed as she packed her books into her bag. They needed to go to class soon, no matter how they felt like skipping school to search for Jaehi.

"Yeah... Not even Hayi knows where or what she thinks," Saejin muttered and glanced at the upset older twin. Ever since this morning, she hadn't say a word to anyone. They knew she was beyond worried and shook. Added with Jaehi's recent condition.

The words didn't really spread wide and far, but it reached the angels' acknowledgement. They were weirded out by the Deadly Sins' absence from the first half of classes, so they asked Hyunsoo about it.

"It's Jaehi," he answered after sighing deeply, looking around to make sure no one heard him. The seven boys gathered around him in the cafeteria.

"What happened to her?" Suga asked, half whispering. The Vice President shook his head slowly, telling them he wasn't really sure about what actually happened.

"Chaeyoung and the girls are being really secretive about this," he added. Rapmon noticed V had been really quiet, and he was sure the brown haired boy wanted to say something. So he nudged his shoulder lightly.

"What's the matter V? Did you know something about Jaehi?" He asked gently.

"Oh yeah. You were with her last night for patrol," Jimin turned to look at the boy beside him. V pressed his lips into a thin line.

"To be honest, I don't know what happened to her. We weren't really talking like you guys already know,"

"True that," Jin nodded in agreement.

"Not even half an hour into the patrol, she said we should go separate ways-"

"Huh? Separate ways? Did you two broke up?" J-Hope cut V's sentence in the middle. While the others turned to him in shock, he facepalmed and blushed.

"Hyung we aren't in a relationship! This is the you go left, I go right thing!" He groaned. The melon haired boy laughed in embarassment and told him to continue. He cleared his throat, still trying to hide his blush.

"So, she told me that she would go to the west and I'll go to the east. That was the last time I saw her. I tried to stop her but, you know," he finished his last piece of evidence on Jaehi's disappearance. The angels and the fairy went silent.

"Let's just not interfere until the girls found a lead on this. And we'll wait for one more day before confronting them," Rapmon decided. They nodded, agreeing with him.

Meanwhile, the demons and Chaeyoung were trying hard to think positive while they were in class. They were distracted, but they tried to distract it with the thought of Jaehi was up to something again. And she was fine.

Angel Dormitory (Boys)
2300 hours

V was spacing out in his room. He couldn't stop thinking about what Jaehi told him before she went missing. Why would she wanted me to kill her? He asked to himself. He kept repeating her words in his head.