Chapter 46.5

Disclaimer : Media is not mine, credit to owners 😊

Junhoe's POV

After the recording stopped, I looked up to the angels and demons in front of me. Their faces showed no expressions. It wasn't because they didn't feel anything, but the emotion was too overwhelming for them.

"Tell me everything oppa. About eomma, appa, and Jaehi herself. Please," Hayi spoke up, her eyes pleading. I let out a sigh before I told her everything about the past.

"I'll tell you about Veridia's past first. Your parents were among the members of Midnight Slayers. At that time, Veridia was split into two. The West was ruled by the demons and the East by the angels, the two strongest creatures.

Your parents and Taejoong were the rulers for the West. Originally, Midnight Slayers wasn't like now. It was an organization established to rule the land. The Park couple and Taejoong were close friends, and they ruled the land greatly. But Taejoong became greedy, he wanted Veridia for himself.

Then he told your parents about his plan, which they didn't agree and rejected his offer. And a fight occured. But this history has already been forgotten, because we were in free land now. That was why some of you never know that our land was ruled by two creatures before," I finished my words, before continuing about her parents.

Everything started on that one night 10 years ago. Hayi, as always, was bedridden due to her sickness and Jaehi was beside her. Almost late at night, the bell rang, and Jaehi, thinking it was her parent's guest, didn't bother to go check on it. Thirty minutes passed. She felt thirsty so she went downstairs, only to hear loud voices. Two of them were from her parents, and the other was unfamiliar. She quickly sat on the stairs, hidden from their view. She heard and witnessed everything that happened.

"I fucking swear you traitors! I will find your daughters and use their powers for my vision!" The unfamiliar voice shouted. Before Jaehi could react to that, she saw, with her own eyes, the man stabbed her parents in their heart. Before she knew it, she was already piggybacking an ill Hayi, running away from her house to anywhere her feet took her. As long as Taejoong wouldn't find them.

So that night Jaehi took her sister and ran away, far away from their house. Even I didn't know where they were. I was very shocked when I got the news about their parents' death, and to top that the twins were nowhere to be found. I felt uneasy so I started to look for them. After a year, I found them, living a total new life. It was as if they were trying to hide from something or someone.

When I visited them, they were really shocked, and Jaehi, of course, didn't want to tell me anything. Hayi had recovered from her sickness but Jaehi lost her positiveness. Because I felt responsible as the next closest person to them beside their parents, I moved in into their neighbourhood and secretly kept an eye on them everyday, especially Jaehi.

The cheerful and happy Jaehi that I knew was no more. She always locked herself up in her room, didn't eat much and never involve herself in public. Thankfully Hayi had recovered, so she could handle her sister's current situation. After they started a new life, Jaehi spent all of their parents' money on Hayi's treatment, maybe because she didn't want to lose her family again. Then one day, Jaehi called me, saying she was being watched. She told me she needed my help.

When she told me what actually happened, I was more than shocked. And to know that Taejoong was after the both of them, I was too speechless. She told me that I need to keep it a secret from Hayi, and that she didn't want her to live in fear. She asked me to help her with her revenge, and I agreed. I saw determination in her eyes.

"Can you imagine how an 8 years old, who witnessed her parents' death, was chased by the murderer, but survived because of her strong will to protect the people she loves?" I smiled bitterly. The others were silent, so I carried on.