Prologue

Here is the beginning to this story. I hope you enjoy this. It definitely is a journey and a very angsty book, but it does have a happy ending. Check it out on AO3. 

Enjoy. xxx

//

   Summer only lasting just shy of 3 months was something Harry had envied, only because he got so used to the late summer nights. However, he had nothing against going to school. In all honesty, he loved going, but not for having to wake up at seven every morning consistently. Instead, he preferred seeing his friends.

Anne used to call him a "social butterfly " because of this love he had for making friends and meeting new people. He used to find the word odd, especially whenever she would say it around his friends, but the matter was that the term did apply to him. Harry was very social. He loved to meet new people and share his kindness with everyone around him.

But, with the end of this current summer approaching, Harry for once was dreading the following school term. His next year was going to be totally different from his past three years, and he was about to go through one of the most significant changes he wasn't prepared for. Like transferring schools. And not only did transferring schools suck, but it was the worst-case scenario of him transferring to a rival school.

Harry currently went to West Point, one of the highly ranked and most prestigious schools in West Manchester. He was top of his class at this school, maintaining high grades throughout his years. He had a reputation that he was proud of at West Point, a name he'd built for himself. Harry was the smart, curly-headed boy whose kindness was what brought him up the social ladder.

But sometimes, life threw curveballs.

It all happened because Anne had met Robin about three years ago. There was a neighbor down the road whose brother was Robin, and they ended up meeting at a backyard barbecue party. The two of them quickly fell in love, and then one thing led to another. Anne and Robin had gotten married right at the start of the summer, which meant households would be blending together. Harry would never seek his mother's happiness as an inconvenience, but the problem with everything was that Robin lived forty minutes north of their home. It wasn't like they could live in separate houses forever. Harry knew the move was inevitable, but it was unfortunate that it happened to be farther away from the school he was at now.

Harry was not only moving from his school, where he built his life and his name, but he was moving from his friends. And the hardest thing to accept was that he had to move from his boyfriend - Reid. Harry had tried countless times to beg his mother to let him finish his final year at West Point, but nothing was convincing enough for her. It was reckless, and Harry was only seventeen.

But, moving schools wasn't exactly what was causing his frustration. It was the fact that he had to move to his rival school of all places. And like any typical school, they had a rival sport. Theirs so happened to be football, which was the sport that all of Harry's friends played.

West Point and North Bridge were the most prominent football rivals all across the Manchester's schools. So with Harry's luck, North Bridge would be the place that he had to transfer to. And of course, everyone at North Bridge pretty much knew him. Only really because of his relationship with West Point's football team - those were his friends. So he had a name at his own rival school, ironically.

The rivalry between the schools ran deep, though. North Bridge had beaten West Point in the final championship cup consistently every year up until the past season. It took five years, but at the championship game last year, West Point had broken North Bridge's streak and won. So the tension between both football programs was more than substantial, and the argument over which team was the best still continued to this day.