Thirty Two

oooooh it's getting intense now. 

//

North Bridge had been on fire since postseason started. They kicked off the first round of playoffs with a shut-out win, two against zero. However, the second round of playoffs was a lot more stressful. The team they played against held the lead one-zero up until the half. North Bridge fans were on edge as the clock continued to tick down, but a whole other team was unleashed when the final half started up. They came back and won two-one, a game ending goal that set them off to continue with the third round of playoffs.

The hype from game two led into game three, and North Bridge won in another shut-out. The score ended one-zero, and they were on a hot run of making it all the way to the championship series. The school was at an all-time high with each win North Bridge brought home. The closer they were to the finals, the more the students and faculty were buzzing.

The morning of the semi-finals game, the school was at its max craziness. Harry feared for how they would act when it actually came time for the championship, given that the hyper for it all was intense. The hallways were packed with the entire study body. They all surrounded the primary entryway, where the band gathered and played the school fight song. The football team was huddled nearby, chanting alongside the other students singing along to the song. The cheerleaders were dancing all over. There was about no inch of space for anyone to get by because everyone was gathered in close. As a unit.

Harry understood. He hated pep rallies, and he hated when people were in his way whenever he simply wanted to get to class, but he understood where this hype was coming from. North Bridge was just a win away from the finals. They were so close to gaining redemption from their last season's loss, and everyone at the school was excited about it. So a lot was riding not only on the game tonight but also for the upcoming championship. North Bridge had starters in their last year at school, so it was all of the player's final chance to bring home the title until a new wave of younger players took their role.

Aside from North Bridge's success, Harry kept tabs on West Point. As expected, they were winning too, heading into the semi-finals on their side of the bracket. If West Point won, and if North Bridge won, then it would be another match-up in the championship game. He could only imagine how the school would act once that time actually came.

It was crazy to think that he was at West Point a year ago. Was rooting for their team, was friends with the cheerleaders and was dating the captain of their football team. He clearly remembered how badly he wanted West Point to win the title. It had been a long time coming for them, and when they actually did it, he was thrilled. He was thrilled for his friends, his boyfriend, and his school. It was the biggest celebration he had ever been a part of.

Although his school winning a championship title was such a monumental moment, it also brought another memory that Harry wasn't fond of. After West Point won the game, all the students rushed to the field. He remembered sitting with a couple of other friends in the stands, who also hung around the football team. When that final second ticked down, the group followed the rest of the students and ran out to join the celebration with the team and cheerleaders.

In light of the celebration, Harry looked for Reid. He remembered it so vividly. He saw him jumping around with the other players, laughing and cheering. The cheerleaders were surrounding them as well, but when Harry tried to join in on the celebration, trying to congratulate his boyfriend, he was shut out. The moment he had built up in his mind of running up to Reid – kissing and hugging him – was all ruined when his boyfriend turned the other way. He cared more about celebrating with his team and with the other girls.