Thirteen

There was a buzz ... and then another ... and then another. Harry's phone would not stop vibrating with the incoming messages sent to him, and truthfully, he wanted nothing to do with them. He knew who it was, and he knew what the messages were about. They were from Louis, who was currently away with the football team for the pre season tournament, and Harry was doing everything he could to resist.

It was challenging, though, because the messages never stopped. Harry thought his silence was enough, but clearly, it persisted for Louis to continue to send more messages. He didn't seem to get the hint.

Eventually, Harry lifted his phone to look. He had gotten about five messages within minutes of each other. That was after he ignored the original one sent by Louis. He was trying his best not to fall back into the trap. He knew the more he indulged in him, the harder it would be to get over their relationship. It was already tough on him having to deal with Louis' lack of interest in pursuing anything more than sex.

Even more difficult knowing that Louis once wanted to be with him but now wanted nothing more. Harry didn't know what to do about it. Any time he thought there was some saving grace for their relationship, he had to be reminded that nothing further would ever happen between them. It was just sex - nothing more - and Louis was free to do whatever he wanted.

As expected, when Harry pulled up the messages, he was disappointed.

Louis: Are you free to call later?

Louis: We have the night off.

Louis: Harry?

Louis: Not that I don't enjoy the video, but I wouldn't mind actually face-timing you

Louis: Hello? are you busy or something?

Louis: Call me when you get the chance.

It was pathetic, and Harry could quite literally chunk his phone across the room right now if it wasn't for the fact that he was in a public place. Louis sometimes made his blood boil, and he wished just once that the two of them could have a normal conversation that had nothing to do with sex. He hoped that Louis wanted to facetime him so they could talk and see each other on screen, not so they could flirt and get each other off.

Fuck, he really should not have filmed that video with him. He simply proved how weak he truly was and how willing he was to do literally anything Louis asked of him. It made his eye twitch from thinking about it.

"Harry?" a voice interrupted his thoughts.

Harry momentarily forgot that he was even with someone right now - that he was with Nick. His mind had been so focused on the messages and Louis that he hadn't been paying attention to the guy who had been giving him attention. Ever since the two of them arrived at the mall, Harry was unfocused. He would much rather be shopping with Louis. He would much rather be at the food court with Louis, and he would much instead share food with Louis.

It was so pathetic that even though Louis saw nothing more between them, Harry saw everything. He wanted everything. He wished that he could put those same feelings on to Nick because he was literally everything Harry wanted, but ... he just wasn't Louis.

"I'm sorry," he commented after a moment, graciously turning his phone over on the table. "I was reading this message someone sent me."

Nick raised an eyebrow as he placed their tray of food in front of them. "Anything bad?"