Twelve

There's minor smutty smut smut. Whatever happened in this chapter, remember it's bad. Do not do at home (: Also, in the story, Harry agreed (you'll see) because he still is a dumb teenager who's doing whatever he can to impress a boy he likes. We have all fallen under this curse before ): 

Don't be a Harry. Say no if someone offers you what Harry was offered (: jkjkjkjk do what ya want but always be safe. Thank you for my ted talk. 

//

It was yet another day that Louis was over after practice. This time, they actually met up to work on the poem for music class. It was probably their first meet-up that wasn't intended for sex, and Harry was thinking that this would probably be a good moment to finally bring up a conversation about this thing going on between them.

"The poem doesn't have to be entirely too long," Louis narrated the instructions. He sat next to Harry on the bed, his bag tossed on the floor and folder resting in his lap. Harry was leaning against the headboard, trying to listen, but his mind was too unfocused. He hadn't even heard Louis talk until he felt him nudging his thigh. "I think we should use our original idea on what to write the poem about. It fits."

"Yeah, sure. That sounds like a good idea."

Louis nodded his head and leaned over the bed to pull his journal out of his bag. "How should we get it started?"

"I'm not sure." Harry nibbled on his bottom lip, glancing ahead. "I usually just write what comes to my mind, really."

"What's on your mind then?"

You.

"Nothing." Harry cleared his throat, looking at Louis. He was smiling at him.

"You're really good at this," he teased.

Harry rolled his eyes, huffing. "I think it should be a love poem about having fun together, not being the ideal perfect person, and living in the moment."

Louis contemplated the thought for a second and agreed. He opened his journal and began writing on the paper. He jotted a couple lines down quickly as if they were thoughts circling through his mind. Harry watched as Louis took a brief pause to think about lyrics before writing them down. It was pretty amazing how quick something popped into his mind and how he could easily translate that into a lyric.

"What should go here?" Louis asked after completing one stanza. He left a few words blank on each line he wrote, not fully completing his thought.

"Knight in shining armor?"

Louis twisted his lips. "Really?"

"I think it's good," Harry shrugged. "Everyone expects one, but it's like, we're making it clear that's not who we are."

Louis sighed as he finished the line with Harry's idea. "What about this line? I want it to be like a common little thing that they don't do."

"Flowers? People love getting flowers."

Louis nodded his head, going back to the journal. "Yeah, yeah. That's good," he added to the beginning of the poem.

"I think the first stanza should switch a little bit," Harry commented after Louis finished the words. "It should say all things we aren't and then finish off with what we can be."

Louis tapped his pen to his chin. "Okay. You think it should be - I might never be your knight in shining armor. I might never be the one you take home to mother. And I might never be the one who brings you flowers?"