Four

Comment and vote for this chapter, please! Thank you guys for reading!

//

The rest of the week went smoothly for Harry, meaning he had no more run-ins with the football team. If anything, they hardly paid attention to him, and it was such a breath of fresh air not having to worry about every little move. Even Louis backed off. He didn't bother him in music, didn't talk to him at lunch when he sat on bleachers. It kind of seemed like Louis was purposely trying not to bother him at all.

For starters, Harry finally felt free. Sure, he still had no friends, and he still ate outside, but other than those minor details, the school wasn't as terrible as his first two days were. He also talked to Liam, Niall, and Zayn a little bit more, feeling somewhat welcomed into their little group with how easily they included him in everything. It was also a nice change from his friends back at his old school. A lot of the time, Harry felt like he needed to bring himself into the conversation or include himself in any planned things.

Still, with these guys, they always thought to ask Harry for his input, for his interest. Plus, they were really urging Harry to come to the party this weekend. He's never had that before. His friends always assumed he would come, but they never showed their excitement for actually showing up. It's pretty comical how much comfort Harry already felt around Niall, Liam, and Zayn as opposed to when he first met his other group of friends. It took him months before he actually felt like he belonged, and even now, he still didn't feel like he was all the way in with them, especially now that he's moved away.

Luckily, when Friday did approach, Harry was more than excited for the weekend. He finally got to see Reid and be in his hometown again, and he wished that at some point through the weekend, he would get to see his friends as well. He was hoping that he could fix everything that had gone astray since he moved, and Harry really tried not to let his last phone call with Reid put a damper on his mood. They haven't talked since, even after multiple attempts on Harry's part, but nothing seemed to make Reid respond to him.

Today was actually their official anniversary, and Harry received nothing from his boyfriend. No text. No phone call. Nothing. He wanted to believe that this was part of some ploy Reid had put together to surprise him with something great. Maybe the lack of communication for the past week was just a build-up, and tonight everything would finally make sense.

It wasn't logical, but it was the only thing Harry could count on because any other logical reason made him feel nauseous. He had a feeling that no matter what had been going on between the two of them, that tonight, something big would happen. Tonight would be the night that everything would be fixed.

Harry had taken his usual detour to the cafeteria by exiting out the back doors by the time lunch rolled around. He headed towards his usual spot on the top of the bleachers, enjoying the nice warm day with the sun shining bright in the sky. There were some clouds out today, adding shade to where Harry was sitting. A soft breeze blew swiftly by, a lone jogger running around the track off in the distance. It was quiet, peaceful, and Harry had really started to enjoy this time where he could escape and be alone.

Usually, Zayn and Louis would head outside for a quick smoke break. Harry never talked to them, and Louis never made an effort to start up a conversation like last time. If anything, he remained silent as he smoked his cigarette, eyes glancing around the courtyard and looking at anything but Harry. At least Zayn was talking to him.

Harry tried not to overthink too much about the fact Louis won't talk to him anymore, but he was fucking confused. He didn't understand it. Louis could go from wreaking havoc on Harry's life to not even batting an eyelash his way.