Twenty Nine

This is a big chapter concerning Harry and Louis' relationship, so hopefully, it is worth the read. I hope you all are enjoying the story so far and like the updates I have been providing. I'm trying my best to improve this story. Thank you. Enjoy ❣️

//

The night was finally here, and Harry's anxiety was on complete overload. It was Prom. The final dance of the school. One of the last chances for all of the final year's at North Bridge to get together for a big celebration. The next time would be graduation.

All the lads ended up going over to Harry's place to get ready together. The weeks leading up to this night had been slow and dreadful. But now that it was here, he was prepared for it to be over. There was a lot to anticipate on how the night would turn out, and Harry felt completely sick just thinking about it. Nick was his date. They were supposed to show up together. In their complementary outfits, and the goal was to make Louis jealous.

Then what?

There was no plan for what was to happen next. All he had been mentally preparing for was how he intended the night to go, and even then, it wasn't that great of a plan. It really involved being with Nick the whole time and hoping Louis would look their way - maybe even at some point confess his love. That was definitely a long shot.

There was still a couple hours before the limo was set to arrive. Nick planned to get there moments beforehand, deciding to get ready at home so the lads could enjoy getting ready together. Since he had Prom last year, he didn't care to intrude on their time. Honestly, Harry appreciated it. He needed these next couple of hours to remain calm. He was about ninety percent convinced that he would chicken out at some point tonight and hide in the bathroom the whole time. As much as he wanted Louis to want and love him back, he was just as scared of being rejected. If he was going to survive the night, he really needed to take a shot or two ... possibly three.

"Harry?"

Harry jolted at the sound of his name, and he turned around to see Liam walking into the room. At the instant sight of his suit, he smiled widely.

The best part of getting ready was that they all planned on revealing their suits together. None of them knew exactly what they were wearing, so Harry looked forward to seeing how nice his friends could get - even looking forward to how Liam and Zayn would match tonight. He was pretty envious that they could even show up freely, looking like a couple, however, he did find them adorable with how settled they were in their relationship.

Really, he shouldn't be that envious, considering he had Nick. But still. Harry wanted a boyfriend to spend Prom with. He wanted Louis.

Liam's fit was excellent and sleek. His tuxedo fit his body in all the right places, and it really accentuated the definition of his upper body. The tux he wore was a light gray color, and the undershirt was a checkered purple. Harry had suspicion that purple was Zayn's idea since it was his favorite color. He was curious to know if he ended up going big with a purple suit or not.

But Liam looked good. A small, white flower was pinned to his suit jacket, and it paired nicely with the white loafers he wore on his feet. Harry went more bright and bold in opposition to Liam's look. His was a baby blue suit with a black undershirt. He figured Nick could keep his version of the outfit simple and pair his black attire with a matching blue undershirt. Harry wanted to make a statement, and he wanted to shine. Plus, he loved the baby blue color on his skin. And if for any reason he had more of an inclination to get a suit that matched a pair of certain color of eyes, then no one really had to know.