Thirty Three

Send love love love love to this chapter, because sadly this story is very close to ending.

 //

The championship game came quicker than anticipated, and it was finally the day of the matchup between West Point and North Bridge. Louis had already surpassed his overall goals scored in a single season and broke the school record for the most goals scored in an entire career. In overall rankings for the entire conference, he and Reid were still tied for the most goals scored, MVP, most goals scored in a season, and most wins as a team captain.

Tonight would determine who those awards went to. It was the rivalry of the year. Even local news channels were going to be there to live broadcast the game.

"The game is at Old Trafford stadium," Niall reminded as he joined Liam, Harry, and Zayn outside of school. They decided to meet up at the picnic bench right in front of their football stadium to plan their schedule for the rest of the day. Since the championship game was going to be held at a bigger stadium, held in the heart of Manchester, they had to decide their layout for the hours leading up to the game.

It really was that serious.

"The game is at six, and it's take about half an hour to get there with traffic," Liam informed, taking his seat on the bench next to Zayn.

"What time you think we should head over there?" Harry questioned, mindlessly looking past them all in hopes of finding Louis. He couldn't see him yet, probably because Louis was still inside the school along with the rest of the students who weren't able to escape another pep rally. Fuck, pep rallies really aggravated him.

"We should probably head there soon honestly," Zayn suggested, looking at Liam for approval.

Liam nodded his head in agreement, wrapping his free arm around his shoulders and pulling him against his side. "Yeah, we can head to the area now, eat some food, and then get to the stadium early enough to beat the crowd for good seats."

"Wow, when I was at West Point, we never got to the stadiums early for a game," Harry frowned, flicking his eyes between each one of them.

Niall laughed as he pat his shoulder, "Mate, it's our starter's last game at North Bridge, and its' a revenge from last year. This game has a lot more on the line than before."

"Yeah," Zayn breathed out, "Also, we've lost to West Point already this year during the regular season so we need to shut those dickheads up."

Harry grunted and flicked his eyes over towards the front of the school doors when he realized the pep rally was heading outside. The loud commotion of the band and cheers drew his attention in. Which was annoying enough that their quietness of sitting outdoors was about to be ruined by the hype of all the students. However, that was when he finally saw Louis in the mass of people, eagerly trying to push his way through the crowd.

It seemed like he was on a mission to get somewhere. As expected, his blue eyes trailed over to where the group of them were sitting at the picnic bench. Harry instantly brightened when he realized that he was looking for them. For him, more specifically. Once he broke through, Louis jogged the rest of the way over, immediately pulling him up to stand. Harry laughed as he easily fell in to him, collapsing against his arms. His hugs were always so warm and comforting. Especially when they were hugging in front of people to see.

Gosh, what a stark contrast to when they first started hooking up. Almost half a year ago at this point. They've come such a long way since then. Still have a lot more to work through, but at least they were on the right track now. Nothing else seemed to matter but them.