Bonus Chapter: Part 2

So,  here is the final part of my special bonus chapter. I hope you enjoyed this two part treat I decided to give you. 

//

It had been a long month. A drag, but it was finally the day. The day where Harry was taking his final nursing certification test. But more importantly, it was also the day Louis' plan was to move into motion. He had about twelve hours. From the moment they woke to the moment that he planned to ask. There were a lot of hours in between for something to go wrong. Of course, he tried not to let his mind wonder to those negative thoughts, but they've been eating up his mind constantly since the week begun. There was a lot riding on tonight. At least for him.

The day begun when Harry's alarm chimed at six in the morning, waking them up from slumber. It was one of those mornings where getting out of bed was challenging. Especially when they were cuddling tightly and bodies sunk into the mattress. It was that anticipation for Harry that waking up meant taking a test that would determine if he would become a nurse or not. The stress of it all kept his eyes closed and snuggling further in to Louis' stomach. To be fair, Louis didn't want to wake up either simply because he knew the reality of what today meant, and he was absolutely terrified of not knowing how everything would turn out.

Their morning though was time well spent. Overall, the past few weeks have been good to them. Harry had been so focused on studying for his exam that his obsession on asking about marriage and their future had been put on hold. Which meant that their arguing and Louis getting kicked out the bedroom had minimized. If anything, they've gotten closer, almost to what their normal was. Louis figured that with this proposal in mind, he should do what he could to help ease some of Harry's stress and try to ensure that they were on the right path leading up to this moment.

That meant a lot of coffee dates. Late night bubble baths. Random dates in the living room with take out. The stress of finals and school overall had taken a big toll on them, but they found ways to manage the stress together. And in return, they stopped fighting as much. Which came to such a big relief for Louis. They had been on a dry spell for so long that they were finally able to reconnect again. Show their love towards one another by tangling underneath the sheets or on top of the couch. He loved when they fell asleep cuddled up every night just to wake up and still have his boy in his arms. And last night, they had a lovely night. Rom com, ice cream and popcorn date in the living room.

Despite not being an early bird, Louis decided to get out of bed when Harry did. Mainly so he could spend as much time with him in the morning before he saw him off for the exam. He made breakfast to the best of his ability. Which really was thanks to Harry who had made it his mission over the past four years to work on his cooking skills. He's managed to ace the mini waffle maker and scramble up some eggs, which was exactly what he made with a side of coffee. They ate breakfast together at the dining room table, listening to the soft melody of tunes to keep up the calm atmosphere.

By seven thirty, Harry was ready to leave for his exam. On his way out the door, Louis grabbed him by the arm and peppered his face with lots of good luck kisses, bringing out an eruption of giggles that instantly warmed his heart. Harry left with rosy cheeks and a bright smile stretching across his lips, and there was nothing more Louis could want for this perfect day. And then once he finally left, the panic finally set in. The resonating sound of silence loomed across the living room, and it was truly time to get the plan ready. Because when Harry got home, that was when the fun began.

At noon, Louis went to the proposal site. There were things that he needed to get squared away there before they arrived later in the night. The place had been notified months in advance of his little plan, and they were more than happy to accommodate to his needs. Especially since the site held such meaning to the two of them. Niall, Liam and Zayn joined to help decorate the area. To get the flower petals ready. The pictures. The fake candles. Everything ended up looking beautiful, and so far, his plan had been moving along smoothly. Just as he imagined it.