Sixteen

The rest of the school week dragged on dreadfully. He and Louis were not really talking to one another. They hadn't met up to have sex, and the tight tension continued to build up between them. Harry didn't think that cutting off their sexual relationship would lead to them not talking. He was pretty disappointed that Louis felt compelled to keep his distance.

It sucked, but at least the week was over, and none of the football team, including Stan, had really bothered him about the video anymore. In fact, he barely saw them at all.

Come weekend time, Nick asked to hang out with Harry again, and of course, since he had no plans, he accepted. He wasn't sure if it qualified as another date or if this was two friends hanging out, but they ended up at the mall.

So Harry didn't think much about it. He would assume that if Nick took him on a proper date, they would go somewhere other than to shop. Maybe dinner or a movie, or a trip to the park, but the mall ... it was becoming too dull for him. He knew Nick had some shopping he needed to do for his family.

Apparently, his older sister had an upcoming baby shower, and he needed to get stuff for that. And obviously, he figured bringing Harry alongside him would be more entertaining than shopping alone - plus, Harry wasn't very good at rejecting him.

They spent a couple hours lingering around some of the baby shops. Harry picked out a few cute outfits, a pair of shoes, and a fluffy baby blanket for the shower. Afterward, Nick led them over to the food court, getting the two of them lunch while Harry went to grab a table. It almost felt like deja vu once Harry sat down. Not too long ago, he was in this exact same spot when he saw Cara and her friends walk into the area.

That same day he learned about her and Reid's affair, and it was absolutely humiliating to know that everyone was aware of this but him. He felt like a fool, so now that he was back in the same position, he was a little bit cautious as he looked around the area. He knew a lot of students from West Point came here. Hell, he used to go here all the time with Reid and their friends.

"It looks like we are having burgers and fries," Nick said as he eventually joined the table, setting down their tray of food and taking a seat across

Harry smiled in response as he grabbed his portion of the food.

"I promise I can take you on a better date than this."

Harry's eyebrows raised. "What?"

He didn't think he was thinking out loud. Nick must realize that these mall trips are becoming lame as well.

"I want to take you on a date."

"Is this not one?" Harry wondered, dipping his fry into the ketchup.

Nick reached across for Harry's free hand and brought it up to his lips, pressing a kiss across his knuckles. Harry swallowed tightly. "No, babe. I mean, like, I want to take you to a nice dinner and spoil you."

Harry wasn't sure he liked being called babe by Nick, but the thought of actually being taken out for dinner was lovely. Harry wasn't used to being spoiled, and he really wasn't used to being with someone who gave him affection. With Reid, he hardly wanted to do anything at all. At most, they went to the movies or the mall. Harry had to practically beg him to take him out for Valentine's Day or their anniversary. It was always a chore.

"That would be nice," Harry commented after he pondered the idea.

As happy as he was to see how excited Nick got over this, there was still something unsettling in his stomach. He couldn't stop thinking about Louis. He couldn't stop hoping that Louis would be the one to ask him out. Everything that Nick did for him he wanted Louis.