Seventeen

Harry was confused, perplexed, and he needed to talk to Louis about this confusion. He wanted to send him a message over the weekend asking about what the hell happened at the mall. Since they were on a semi-non talking basis, it made things a little bit more difficult. He figured he would be in better luck if he found Louis in school the following Monday.

It wasn't like this was an urgent matter or anything. But with how Louis reacted after Harry saw him working did leave a lot of room for curiosity. He didn't know what Louis had to hide from or be embarrassed about, but clearly, there was something. Otherwise, he would not have run away the way he did.

Honestly, having a job this young was not that strange. Harry knew a couple of people who had part-time jobs at either the mall, a fast-food restaurant, or the movie theatre. Some students did the work to make extra money, and Harry respected that. The most work he had done was babysitting for an old neighbor. So it wasn't that crazy of an idea for Louis to work. It was more so confusion on why he felt so embarrassed about it. As if he'd been caught doing something bad.

Harry decided to wait for Louis around the front door of their music class. He knew he was bound to see him walking at any moment, and his plan was to straight up ask him. He's tired of the secrets. However, the longer Harry waited, the closer time ticked to class beginning. He waited until the hallways cleared out and everyone was seated inside, but Louis never showed. He was probably avoiding Harry, once again. Since he figured Louis would probably skip, he gave up.

Mr. Reeds was sitting at his desk typing on the computer when Harry walked in. They had about a couple of minutes until class officially began, so he hoped Louis would show in that time. He walked up the stage of seats and headed over to his chair to sit down in. Niall, Liam, and Zayn were already sat by the time Harry joined them. However, his mind was too focused on the door opening up to even notice that his friends were trying to talk to him.

It was like white noise filled his ears as he waited and waited for Louis to walk in. He knew he must have looked manic with how trained his eyes were to the door, but he didn't have the knack to look away. He was weirdly desperate for Louis to show up any second now.

He was finally pulled away when someone tapped his shoulder. Harry jolted at the contact, and he turned his head towards the source and noticed that Niall, Liam, and Zayn were all looking at him curiously.

"Are you okay?" Niall asked a slight furrow to his brow.

Harry laughed nervously and shifted in his seat, trying to relax and get comfortable. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" He ended up looking at the door again.

"You keep staring at the door, mate."

Right. He was being painfully obvious.

"I'm waiting for Louis, is all," Harry admitted, swallowing, turning to glance at his friends now. He smiled weakly when Zayn lifted an eyebrow. "I need to talk to him."

"What did he do?" Zayn questioned.

Harry nibbled on his lip and looked down at his lap. "He didn't do anything, really. I just - he's a hard person to talk and get answers from."

"What about?" Zayn urged, a furrow to his brows.

"You're not much better, mate. Elaborate," Liam added in.

Harry sighed as he crossed his arms over his chest, looking at the three of them again. "Is it weird to have a job at our age?"

Niall made a face. "I don't think so."

"Not really," Liam said.

Zayn pursed his lips. "I have a summer job working the food stands at sports games. So, no."