Thirty

TW: homophobic language. Sigh. Once again.

ALSO. This is a long one. 

//

After the weekend passed, Harry was dreadful for the following week of school. He had no idea how the hell things would play out after the disastrous scene he and Louis made at Prom. People were around when the two of them were arguing, and they definitely heard when Louis confessed his love for him. It was only a matter of time before that became the hot gossip of the school.

To start off with, Louis had been MIA, and Harry had no idea why. He wasn't in music class on Monday, but he apparently showed up for the rest of the day. Which was odd. Then on Tuesday, there was another school pep rally. North Bridge had a home game that night, so the intensity of the pep rally was at an all-time high since they were closing in on post-season play. The pep rally had to have been Louis' excuse for not making it in time for class. Granted, many other students were able to miss the first class of the day. Still, Harry was beginning to feel like he was purposely avoiding him.

Harry didn't see him in the hallways, nor at lunchtime, so he had no idea what game Louis was playing with.

Wednesday and Thursday passed. Then it was Friday, and he was still nowhere to be found.

Throughout the week of not seeing him at school, Harry had been so troubled about what to do. They hadn't talked or seen each other since Prom, and he felt utterly lost. He wanted to talk to Louis and get things straightened up between their relationship, but he also wanted to make sure things were okay with him. He was at such a crossroads now, and none of his friends were much help either.

It kind of sucked to think that Louis would ignore him on purpose. It didn't seem ideal for him to do after confessing his love. Sure, he probably needed some time to think about what he did and consider what this meant for the whole school knowing, but Harry didn't know that meant not seeing him at all. They had so much they needed to still talk about and fix, and he was still upset with himself for not telling Louis that he loved him too. He had the opportunity so many times that night, and he choked. He remained silent and let him walk away.

The only somewhat decent thing about Louis not being at school was the rumors. Since the night of the Prom, Harry had been hearing more and more people talk about their fight in the hotel lobby. More people were picking up on the fact that they had a thing, and now they were all looking at him suspiciously in the hallway. Some were whispering about Louis being gay, and some were whispering about their secret relationship. There were even absurd whispers about Harry trying to sabotage their chance at winning a championship title for football, but at least it was all localized at school. At least Louis wasn't having to deal with the whispers and gossip spreading around. And thankfully, the backlash of Prom hadn't been too bad.

The whispers about what happened were mainly targeted around Harry. They were either blaming him or accusing him of something, and no one seemed to accept the possibility that Louis might actually be into guys. He literally yelled out that he was in love with him, but the response to that was apparently some form of manipulation. It was ridiculous. And even though Louis didn't have to deal with the brunt of what happened at Prom, Harry still wished he had him by his side at times. It wasn't easy being in the spotlight in such a negative way, and he was getting tired of all the hushed whispers about him. He would instead someone come up right to him, but no one had ... yet.

The first approach happened on Friday. Harry was just arriving at school when he saw a group of cheerleaders hanging around the front steps. He didn't think much of it as he tried to walk past them to head to his locker. Considering earlier in the week had been quite mellow, he didn't expect them to finally say something.