Thirty Four

I believe this shall be the last regular chapter before the epilogue. I don't really have much more to go on with this story, so I hope you enjoyed what was uploaded (: 

//

So, fuck. Now graduation approached quicker than anticipated.

Harry never imagined him walking across the stage with a black cap and gown and a diploma signed for North Bridge, but that was where he was at. He spent his final year of school at a different one than he started. Made an entirely new friend group and fell in love with someone he never thought he would ever fall in love with. His life at West Point had been so different to the one he lived at North Bridge. It was almost like yesterday when he was over at Reid's house at the end of summer, dreading the change of schools for the upcoming year.

Now, here he was. So much has changed. He had changed. His life at West Point was long in the past. Nothing but memories that he aimed to one day forget. Niall, Liam, and Zayn have all already walked across the stage. The graduation commencement begun with a speech from the headmaster and the president of the student council. A few other professors managed to get little speeches in, and then they highlighted all the great events that occurred during the school year. The most exciting one was the fact that they won the football championship game. The entire audience clapped and cheered loud.

The headmaster called each student up to stage in order of their last name. The graduating class sat in rows in front of the stage, and a director stood at the aisle guiding the rows up when it was there turn. Eventually, it was Harry's when they got on to the S'. There were a few people in front of him before it was his turn to walk. He stood up on stage and momentarily glanced at the crowd, not able to locate his friends anywhere. He knew they were out there. Knew that Louis was a few rows back from his and that he would be walking the stage soon.

When it was Harry's turn, he put on a smile and headed across the stage. He received his diploma and took a brief picture with the headmaster. Mr. Reeds was at the other end guiding the band students to play a soft tune throughout the commencement. As he passed the professor, Harry quickly gave him a hug and then hurried back to his seat as the next row of students made their appearance on stage.

It all felt so surreal once he was seated in his chair again. His heart was beating fast, mainly from the adrenaline he felt being up on a stage and finishing out a big chapter of his life with a diploma. It was only a brief moment where the spotlight was on him, but it was enough for him to feel jittery. He can't believe he really graduated. Was about to go to university at the end of the summer.

Louis eventually had his name called out, and much like the other football player's that walked, he had a lot of cheers. Probably the most of the graduation. Harry often forgot sometimes just how popular he truly was at this school. But that didn't matter any more. He cheered for him, smiled proudly as the boy received his diploma and then walked off. Then it was the last row of students that walked, and the commencement was slowly coming to an end. Once all the students returned to their seats, the head master returned to the podium and requested all graduates to stand on their feet.

The big moment was about to happen. Mr. Reeds signaled for the band to now switch tunes and play and instrumental of the school's song. Everyone who knew the words sung it out loud and proud. Except for Harry. He still didn't know the words, but he did sway to the beat. Towards the end of the song, he felt someone grab his wrist gently. The contact surprised him until he realized who it was that came up to him. Instantly, a giant smile split his face, eyes going all soft and bright.

"We share moments like this together, yeah?" Louis whispered softly, trailing down to lace their fingers together.

Harry bit his lip as reached up to brush the tassel from his cap from falling into his eyes. "You're sup a sap now," he teased, lightly trailing knuckles down the side of his face.