Fifteen

By the time lunch rolled around, nothing eventful had occurred. Harry noticed that the talk and the stares from the football team and cheerleaders started to dissipate. It seemed like Louis' promise of getting them to stop talking worked, and Harry was thankful for that. It made his day run a lot smoother, and his classes were not as dreadful.

However, what did distract Harry was his conversation with Louis. It left him more confused than ever, and he had so many unanswered questions about what Louis was going through. Overall, it seemed like there was a distant chance, and it lit a tiny spark of hope inside that sort of was making it harder for him to resist.

Louis said he couldn't be what Harry wanted yet , as in, there would be a time when he could be. He just had no idea how long that time frame would be, and he wasn't sure how long he was willing to wait for that.

After Harry had grabbed his lunch bag from his locker, he turned on his feet and started to head towards the back exit of the school. He saw that Stan and a couple of football players were huddled outside the cafeteria. He wanted to do his best to stay out of their way.

As Harry was making his way through the school, successfully avoiding the people who made his life hell, he ran into Nick again. It kind of seemed like Nick was all over the place now.

"Hey, Harry," Nick greeted, pulling him in for a hug. He tried his best not to cringe, but he knew it didn't work. When Nick pulled back, he had a frown. "You okay?"

Harry huffed. "I'm alright. Not the best day."

Nick made a face, keeping a lingering arm around his waist. The hallway was now clearing up, and it was just the two of them standing there.

"So I've heard," Nick commented.

Harry made a face and stumbled back a little. He was hoping he didn't hear Nick correctly.

"What?"

"In the passing, I heard what Stan and those wankers were talking about." Nick scratched the back of his neck. "They weren't quiet either."

Harry ... was about to fucking die. He couldn't believe he was hearing this correctly. If Nick heard them talking about the video, then who knew who else heard them as well. Probably soon enough, the whole school will have heard about Harry's video. Who knows, maybe his mother would find out too.

"Harry," Nick began, but Harry quickly shook him off.

"It was an old video," he interrupted, feeling his stomach churn, unsettling. "It was with Reid, and I guess he sent it off. He's an immature prick."

Harry was surprised with himself by how easy it was for him to think of that. Actually, that could be a good excuse for the video. Nick seemed to believe it too.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh ," Harry mimicked.

"He would do that to you?"

Harry nodded, gulping, feeling slightly uncomfortable now. "He would. He's a bastard. He'll do anything to make my life hell - more than it already is."

"Hey," Nick said softly. He trailed his hands back up Harry's arm and rested it against his shoulder. He pulled him in closer and cupped his jaw with his other hand. "It'll blow over. The video should have been deleted the second it was sent - " Harry roll his eyes - " How about we can stop for ice cream after school, right before my training?"

Harry toyed with that idea. Getting ice cream sounded nice.

"I would like that," he agreed, smiling.