Ten

Harry could honestly say he was excited for the weekend to come. In the past, he always had a party to look forward to or friends to hang around. But ever since moving to this new school, he didn't have anything to plan. His weekends were always dull - except for the one time he actually went to a party.

It felt nice to know that he could find a couple of guys he could talk to and feel safe around - they were good enough people to bring around his mother and stepfather. It was the first time that Harry was genuinely proud of the people he was introducing, which was a stark contrast from the people back at West Point. Harry remembered how terrified he was for Reid and all the other people to meet his mother for the first time.

Anne was currently in the kitchen, getting all the side dishes ready for their afternoon lunch. She had different soda bottles placed out, a bowl of chips for the boys to snack on. She even made a small cheese tray that she occasionally munched on herself while preparing what she needed. On the other hand, Robin was outside setting the grill up - preparing the meat properly before he was to place it on the cooking grate.

Harry was up in his room getting ready himself. He spent the entire morning helping his mother clean up around the house, and once they were finished, he went upstairs to change into his pool clothes. He went with the yellow swim trunks, one of the last pair of shorts that still fit him, and then he pulled a pink tank top over his chest. The last thing he grabbed was the sunglasses on his desk. He placed them on top of his head and went back down the steps to see what leftover his mother needed help with. The doorbell went off as he made it down the last step, so Harry diverted his walk towards the door.

"Hello," Niall greeted, being at the forefront of the group. "We come for the food."

Harry smiled as he widened the door. "Glad to hear. Come in."

Niall passed Harry after patting him on the back and walked into the living room. Zayn and Liam were right behind him. Zayn had a vase of flowers in his hands and Liam a bottle of wine. Harry greeted them both with a hug and pointed towards the archway of the kitchen where he knew his mother was. Harry never had friends who would bring anything over out of courtesy, so it was a nice change to see. It was sweet. Not even Reid did anything that special the first time he came around to meet Anne.

If anything, the two of them clashed heads the entire night, and Harry had never been so embarrassed by who he brought home to his mother. He really appreciated Zayn and Liam's attempt at a good first impression. And, well, Niall was just so likable. His personality was a gift enough.

The last person standing at the door was Louis, much to Harry's surprise. All week, Harry wasn't sure if Louis would show up today. He had been so troubled about whether he actually wanted to or not, and Harry was getting frustrated without a proper answer. Thankfully, the remainder of the week wasn't so terrible between the two of them. Louis wasn't acting like an ass. He stopped avoiding Harry in class and at lunch.

When the area cleared from the lads, and it was just the two of them, Louis stepped closer into Harry's space, reaching out for his waist and wrapping an arm around his backside. "Hi," he greeted with a smile.

Harry's lips curved up immediately. "Hello to you."

He couldn't resist but to lean in for a kiss. Their lips just mesh so perfectly together, and Harry could never get used to the feeling of Louis' tongue in his mouth. It was addicting, and their kisses always felt so powerful.

Sadly, they had to quickly pull back when they heard footsteps across the hardwood floor. Harry tried his best not to stumble over his own feet, but he ended up crashing into the wall behind him when Anne walked out into the living room, a smirk as she glanced between the two boys.