Six

TW: homophobic language is used in this chapter. 

//

"So Harry Styles is gay?"

It was the first thing Harry heard when he walked into school on Monday. He spent the whole weekend trying to recover from the breakup and from his drunken hookup with Louis. He never stopped to consider that word would get around school about what happened at the party. He didn't think anybody saw him go upstairs with Louis, and he sure as hell didn't believe that anyone at this school actually knew he liked boys. Nick and Louis did, of course.

Harry had hoped that leading into the new week of school that everything could be normal again. He had hoped for a clean slate, but upon stepping through the front doors, it seemed like all eyes were on him. A couple students were giggling behind their hands, others glaring at him as if he was a disgusting human being. He felt utterly exposed and bare naked, and nothing could shake the nervous feeling he had growing inside of him.

It was just one comment made by a random student in the hallway, but it was said so loudly that it had everyone's heads turning his way. It was embarrassing, and someone he didn't even know shouldn't be outing him to the whole school like that, even if it was meant for conversation. It was none of their business. It was only Monday, for god's sake, and Harry had sworn that same-sex couples weren't an issue at this school, considering there have been a few that were out and proud. Zayn and Liam, for that matter, haven't been secretive about it, and no one harassed them.

Harry searched the hallways to see who the culprit was for this public declaration. The majority of the students were just staring, remaining silent. He hadn't caught any familiar faces until he was looking further down the hallway. Taylor and one of her friends were leaning against the lockers, animatedly talking up a storm about the party. The friend spoke loudly, and with each word that she expressed, Taylor continued to look more and more mortified. Harry really didn't think the details about what happened after his rendezvous with her at the party needed to be discussed so openly.

Harry could fucking die of embarrassment right about now. Not only did he get outed to the whole school, but, well, now everyone knew that after his failed attempt to sleep with Taylor, he ended up sleeping with a boy.

"What the hell is going on here?" Harry questioned once he stormed up to both the girls.

Taylor took a step back and frowned, rolling her eyes away.

"It's really pathetic that you slept with a boy after sleeping with Taylor," the girl commented, tone disgusted.

Harry scoffed as he glanced at Taylor, waiting for her to respond. She remained silent.

"And where did you hear that from?"

"You're kidding, right?" Taylor finally spoke. Her eyes harden in Harry's direction. "You left the room before we could even finish, and then then next thing I know, you're going into the room over with another guy."

"What a fag," the friend whispered under her breath.

Harry's heart dropped at the comment, and he heard a few girls around them snicker under their breath. It hurt hearing someone use that word in such a cruel way, and it didn't feel any better with the added stress of the whole school knowing what happened at the party. He didn't intend to make a big scene of trying to sleep with Taylor and then sleeping with a boy. He was just heartbroken and drunk, and clearly, he wasn't thinking straight.

For fucks sake, Harry's not even straight at all, and he hated that he felt the need to hide this part of him at this school. He had always been proud of who he was and who he liked - never had the urge to keep things a secret until coming here. He already had the whole football team harassing him about being West Point's whore. The last thing he needed was the whole school to think he was one as well.