Eleven

Hope you guys enjoy! Comment and vote if you can. Love you guys.

//

Harry should not have been surprised that returning to school after having his friends over for the weekend would lead to an interrogation. In fact, it happened towards the end of the day with Zayn. It seemed like he waited until they had their English class together to question him. He had the opportunity at lunch, but he remained quiet, blindly smoking his cigarette off to the side while he sat on the bleachers with them.

"So, you and Louis," he questioned once he took the seat next to Harry. Harry's eyes widened, and his hand paused from writing in his journal. "Is there something going on between the two of you?"

He laughed pitifully. "What? Of course not."

Zayn rolled his eyes, leaning back against his chair and narrowing his look. "You two were very touchy at the pool. You guys flirt at lunch. He talks about you without realizing it, and you get all doe-eyed when you look at him."

"I do not," Harry scoffed, glancing at the clock in front of him.

Wow, they had only been in class for ten minutes. He still had a long time before he could escape.

"So, do you two have a thing going on?" he asked again.

"No."

Zayn grunted. "I don't believe you."

Harry was luckily saved when the teacher began going over the lecture for the day. It was enough to make Zayn shut up and not ask a further question, but it did not stop him from glancing at Harry's way every couple of seconds. It was stressful, and he felt like he was on the verge of admitting everything just so he could have Zayn stop looking at him.

After the class was over, Harry attempted to rush out of the room. He already had all his things packed before the class officially finished, and once they were all released, he sprung up from his chair. He made his way through the cluster of people at the door and left Zayn in the dust. He could hear him calling out his name, but Harry didn't stop to let him catch up. He continued to weave himself in between people until he walked down a different hallway that was effectively far enough from Zayn.

Unfortunately, escaping, Zayn met running into someone else. Taylor.

"Harry, can I talk to you?" she asked upon walking up to him.

Harry noticed the slight furrow to her brow as she approached. He nodded his head in response and guided them off to the side, so they were not in the way of others. "Are you okay?"

She smiled weakly. "Not really." She sighed, catching her breath. "That kiss last week - it confused me. I feel like I should be asking if you're okay?"

"Right."

"I'm not mad about it," she quickly confessed. "I just - I thought you were - " she quieted down - " gay ?"

Harry could laugh at how considerate and quiet Taylor was about the comment. It was the opposite to when she announced it in front of the school not too long ago ...

"It was rude of me to kiss you without permission, but it was to make someone jealous," he truthfully admitted, letting out a deep breath. "It didn't mean anything to me. I was just hurting, and I wanted to see if he could hurt too."

Taylor's face softened. "Oh, I'm sorry, Harry."

"It's whatever. I'm sorry I used you."

She smiled a little. "I mean, I guess I used you for sex that night. I suppose a kiss is nothing compared to that. You don't need to apologize to me, Harry. I was bitter that entire week, and it wasn't even because of you. I was having boy problems, too."