Twenty Seven

The past few days had been rough, but Harry managed ... well , he barely managed. A lot happened, okay ? On top of the whole fiasco from the party and the hallway, the last thing he needed to deal with was a concussion and a breakup. But alas, he had to have it all.

He was thankful that the concussion took him out of school for about a week. He used the weekend to recover, mainly lying around and sleeping. Sulking. His head had been hurting nonstop, and he quite literally felt like he got hit by a truck. It was a good distraction from the breakup though. If it could even be called a breakup. And he no longer wore the ring or the necklace, so officially, things were over. So, yeah, he was a little sad and a little heart broken by it.

Harry was quite the mess, but at least he didn't have to go to school and suffer there. His bed had been doing just wonders, and the thought of having to leave it was terrifying. In all honesty, he wasn't ready to face Louis. Wasn't prepared to see him at school, and he sure as hell wasn't prepared to see him move on to someone else. If he even did. There were endless possibilities to how he would respond to this breakup, and Harry wasn't prepared for any of them.

Would Louis be sad? Did he lose sleep like he did? Was half his heart gone? Maybe Harry was being a tad dramatic, but he genuinely loved Louis, all the good and bad parts of him. It hurt knowing that they couldn't make it. Hurt that he had to end it.

Louis hadn't sent him any messages since they last saw each other. Didn't call. Didn't stop by. Didn't check-in. He didn't try anymore. So Harry's words really must have stuck with him, and part of him regrets it just a little. He really thought Louis would at least fight for them. Oh, well. That's what he got for breaking things off and giving the ring back. Harry shouldn't have expected much after that.

Since being home, Zayn had been keeping him up to date on things that he'd miss. Nothing too important for school. The next assignment in music class was the group project, and he was put in their group. Other than that, nothing too exciting. Oh, except for the fact that there was another party over the weekend.

North Bridge had a home game, and they won, as expected. Which, of course meant a celebration. Zayn, Liam, and Niall all went together, and Harry got a rundown of how it went the following day. People were drunk. The football players were still jerks, especially when they had alcohol. There was lots of dancing, lots of drinking games. Apparently, Niall and some random person beat Liam and Zayn at beer pong. Harry really appreciated the update. It kept him quite entertained hearing it all.

Another update he did get was on Louis. It wasn't something he was expecting or fishing for. Still, when Zayn brought him up in conversation, he couldn't deny that he was interested. Apparently Louis has been quiet. Not talking to the lads much. Ate lunch alone outside on the stands. It was kind of like he was avoiding the guys as if they broke up with him too. It was an odd thing to hear, but he still appreciated the update on him. He also learned that Louis was at the party over the weekend. Zayn said he kept an eye on him all night because even though he seemed okay at school, he could tell something was off.

Apparently, he didn't play up to his ability during the game, and he looked utterly distracted. Like something was bothering his mind. Now, Harry wasn't sure if that would be because of him or what was going on in his home, but it did actually worry him a bit. Especially when Zayn continued on to talk about Louis getting absolutely plastered that night. Not his typical behavior at a party, and he was really starting to feel guilty.

When it was time for Harry to go back to school, he felt relieved. Not only could he get back to normal, but getting to see Louis in person might also make him feel better. After hearing all the updates, he just needed to see him. It had been a whole week since they last saw each other – since they broke up. He was curious to know what would happen. Possibly a bit frightful too. He's never been one for confrontation.