Chapter One (What is going on?)

I looked myself over in the mirror. I straightened my hair out with my fingers and made sure my jeans were on securely.

I felt my back pocket to make sure it was still there. I closed my eyes as I felt the tip of it, and even through my pants, it made my finger go numb.

"Okay, time to go back on," my manager yelled at me.

I headed to the side of the stage and gulped as I got back on. All my fans cheered. I faked a smile at their excitement.

I took my seat at the stool that was placed in the center of the stage.

My band starting playing the music.

I took a deep breath before singing along with the melody of the music.

"If I die young, bury me in satin Lay me down on a bed of roses Sink me in the river at dawn Send me away with the words of a love song

"Uh oh, uh oh

"Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors, oh, And life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby

"The sharp knife of a short life, oh well I've had just enough time

"If I die young, bury me in satin Lay me down on a bed of roses Sink me in the river at dawn Send me away with the words of a love song

"The sharp knife of a short life, oh well I've had just enough time

"And I'll be wearing white, when I come into your kingdom I'm as green as the ring on my little cold finger, I've never known the lovin' of a man But it sure felt nice when he was holdin' my hand, There's a boy here in town, says he'll love me forever, Who would have thought forever could be severed by...

"...the sharp knife of a short life, oh well? I've had just enough time

"So put on your best, boys, and I'll wear my pearls What I never did is done

"A penny for my thoughts, oh, no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar They're worth so much more after I'm a goner And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin' Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'"

I stopped.

I couldn't go on. Tears were already threatening their way out of my eyes.

The music stopped once my band realized I wasn't going to continue.

"I'm sorry," I said lifting the microphone with my shaky hand up to my mouth. "I can't go on."

All the people in the crowd made 'aww' sounds.

I tried to dry my tears and got up from my chair. I heard a ringing sound as if something just fell onto the floor.

I heard people gasp. I turned around and my eyes widened as I realized what had just happened. I felt the back pocket of my pants. Nothing was there.

Oh shit.

Before I could comprehend what was going on, I picked up the knife hesitantly and stuffed it back in my pocket.

I looked back at the people in the audience, then lifted my shirt sleeve up to look at what I had left of my cuts.

Again, people gasped. I looked back at the people and my breathing became faster and my heart started to beat extremely fast.

This was not going as planned.

I couldn't stand this any longer. I raced offstage, holding my arm.

Everyone backstage instantly surrounded me in questions. I pushed through them and raced to the bathroom. I locked the door and pulled out the knife.

Tears overwhelmed my eyes. I dropped the blade in the sink for a second and looked at myself in the mirror.

Dallas was right.

I was worthless.

I was ugly.

I didn't deserve to live in this world anymore.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, Laura," I heard a voice say. "Open up please!"

"No," I yelled.

I heard a sigh. "Do you still have the knife?"

I didn't answer and I guess that freaked her out.

"Laura," she said pounding on the door ferociously. "Don't you dare do what I think you're about to do!! We love you! your fans love you!"

I closed my eyes and yelled back, "You lie! No one loves me. Dallas said so!"

"Don't listen to him," she yelled. "You can get through this!!"

"No, I can't," I cried.

I picked up the knife and aimed it at my throat.

"Laura, just listen to me!!"

"No," I yelled again. "It's already over. I'm pretty much dead already."

I heard crying from out there as I continued to bawl my eyes out.

"Move out of the way," I heard someone yell from behind the door.

Before I knew it, the door broke down and a tall, strangely familiar looking guy, barged through the now empty space in the wall.

I brought the knife closer to myself. "Don't take another step towards me," I said.

He didn't listen. He wacked my arm and I dropped the knife to the ground.

"You idiot," I said.

He didn't respond but he grabbed hold of my legs and picked me up bridal style.

"Let go of me," I yelled.

"No," he said. "This is for your own good!"

"You know what would be good for everyone," I yelled. "If you gave me back my knife so I could just leave already."

He looked me in the eyes. "You've changed," he said.

I raised my eyebrows. "How the hell would you know that?! Who the hell are you?!"

He broke my gaze and ignored my question. He kept his hold on me and walked me out of the restroom.

"I said let me go," I yelled at him again.

He rushed me to the backstage door. He opened it and instantly, we entered the massive crowds of people yelling my name, some sounding very concerned.

There were cameras and people and everything was chaotic.

The guy rushed me through the crowd and to the entrance of the Verizon Wireless Arena.

"Where the hell are you taking me," I yelled.

"Somewhere safe, somewhere secret," he replied.

He ran over to a red kia and unlocked the door. He opened it and as he was about to set me down in the backseat, more people and cameras found their way over to us.

"Hey," the guy yelled. "Leave us alone! Can't you see she needs help?!"

All I could sense was flashing. A camera found it's way right near my face and as the guy holding me turned around to guard himself and I, my head hit the camera and everything turned black.

And that concludes the first chapter. I know its all a bit confusing and you probably have no clue what's going on but you'll figure it out later on. Sorry about all the suicide references. Trust me, I'm not too fond of them either but when I got the idea of this fanfic in my head, I was like 'okay, I'm just gonna write it anyway.' I don't own the Kia company or the song When I Die Young. Review plz! Should I continue? maybe put it on IG? Speakin of IG, my account is @/its_okay_to_be_different_1357 Go check me out sometime :)